Forums are back in action! ×

Tabletop/Board Games

I recently played Grand Austria Hotel and it was excellent. Complicated like Terra Mystica, but with different mechanics. Another recent good one was Nefarious the Mad, which was much quicker (and I miraculously won which was nice). I really liked that you pull two "twist " cards at the beginning that make it different every time you play.

Citadels is another game I love that I haven't seen mentioned yet. I haven't played Abyss in a while but the art is stunning. Most of my other favs are already listed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Level 8 Princess Ranger

Current Challenge: Firedance Befriends a Dragon | Epic Quest

I recently played Grand Austria Hotel and it was excellent. Complicated like Terra Mystica, but with different mechanics. Another recent good one was Nefarious the Mad, which was much quicker (and I miraculously won which was nice). I really liked that you pull two "twist " cards at the beginning that make it different every time you play.

Citadels is another game I love that I haven't seen mentioned yet. I haven't played Abyss in a while but the art is stunning. Most of my other favs are already listed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've played Abyss, and its a decent game except theres an error within it that can get you just acquiring keys and such and stops the joy of the game. I'm a big fan of TM, in fact got it for Christmas...of course I got Castles of Mad King Ludwig too which I enjoy..I mean its designing crazy castles. 

I've played Abyss, and its a decent game except theres an error within it that can get you just acquiring keys and such and stops the joy of the game. I'm a big fan of TM, in fact got it for Christmas...of course I got Castles of Mad King Ludwig too which I enjoy..I mean its designing crazy castles. 

The expansion for TM fixes the few flaws in that game I really recommend it. Plus you can be a dragon rider which is my favorite idea ever. Castles is always fun, I love games where I can build my own awesome kingdom. My friends are freaking amazing strategy game players, so I like having secondary goals like making pretty castles. Then I don't feel bad for losing most of the time! "Oh congrats you beat me by a 100 points. But my castle is symmetrical...." 

Level 8 Princess Ranger

Current Challenge: Firedance Befriends a Dragon | Epic Quest

For those looking for good two-player games, check out Lost Cities and Star Realms. I'm obsessed with both. Star Realms is also available as an app that plays well on ipads.

Five Tribes is another one that is good for 2-4 players. In the 2-player version, you go twice each round, and who goes first always changes. It gives the game an entirely different dynamic for just two players. 

Also, for anyone who has mentioned Suburbia (I saw it in an earlier picture, but didn't read everyone's posts), I give that a +1, actually make that +100. It takes a lot of set-up but it's totally worth it. We've gotten a bunch of our friends hooked on it.

• Like 2

Also, for anyone who has mentioned Suburbia (I saw it in an earlier picture, but didn't read everyone's posts), I give that a +1, actually make that +100. It takes a lot of set-up but it's totally worth it. We've gotten a bunch of our friends hooked on it.

Suburbia is actually made by the same people who made Castles of Mad King Ludwing..Never played it, but hear its a sound game. So two things...Garphill Games I feel is trying an interesting gaming strategy by linking three separate games together so that they play like a saga with their North Sea trilogy (the last part of the trilogy is on KS now), so that should be cool to check out and 2...for your gaming humor pleasure.. .

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/204981/strange-things-you-learn-playing-boardgames

• Like 2