Forums are back in action! ×

six week first timer and Im already starting late!

Hey Im a 21 year old college student who loves to go out and have fun. which really hurts my getting fit goal, but I have learned theres always a balance between fun and work. Now I need to find the balance between being healthy and those fun nights. My ultimate goal is to be 20% body fat by december 25th. I am about 5'9 and 215 pounds right now and about 45% body fat. 

my I have three goals for these first six weeks. 

-two nights a week I am allowed to go out and have fun

-90% paleo for 5 days a week

-alternate between interval training and the beginner body weight circuit 5 days a week 

( I hope this is a good start, any advice on my goals?)

I have also given the information to my family and I am asking them to sign up with me so they not only help me get to my goal but I can help them get to their goal. 

My main reason for wanting to get fit is because I want to be a physicinas assistant, I am not one for being a hypocrite so I want to be able to be in the best shape of my life and give people health advice that I have used. I also just want something I have never been able to have, throughout my life I have been on the chubby, unfit side and for once I want to be able to say I am fit and healthy. I want to change my life style now so when I get (ALOT) older Ill already be fit for my children and they too will be able to learn how to be fit at a young age. Also ive never been able to go to a music festival or dagon con dressed how I want to dress that is going to change. Ill finally be able to it into my clothes and wear clothes I have always wanted to wear but have been too big to pull them off. 

Hi Torchick!

My advice is to go post in the Recruit subforum if you haven't already: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/437-recruit/

Also to remember to take each goal slow and not to get discouraged if you can't stick to it 100% at first. Something I've learned from the blog that really resonated with me is a quote from Steve I believe, "The imperfect diet you can stick to is better than the perfect one that you can't"

I feel like this applies to fitness and big goals in general. Don't get discouraged if you can't be perfect. Just stick with it and do as much as you can without using up all your willpower.

Good luck!