Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from a new NF'er

Been following the blog for a while.  Decided it was time to get serious.  Signed up for the new 6 week challenge.  Got my first couple of walks in toward the Gold.  Feeling pretty good.

I usually lurk in online forums and never introduce myself.  I want this to be different because I want to achieve results.  

So here goes.

By way of introduction I am a 43 year old computer geek.  Married father of 4.  Enjoy good books and movies when I'm indoors. Love the outdoors and everything about it.  I also love food and cooking, grilling, smoking, etc..

Never have enjoyed working out for the workouts sake.  Hate treadmills and weight machines but I love to be physically active. 

over the last decade the extra 5 to 10 pounds a year really pushed the scales to the limits.  Tired of being tired and want to reverse this process before it leads to health problems or impacts my ability to engage in the activities that I enjoy.

Vanity is not an issue for me.  I certainly don't have any magic numbers that I want to achieve.  I just want to have strength and stamina for the active lifestyle.  

Have been trying to work the beginner body weight workout into my schedule.  So far it has been hit or miss.  Mostly miss.  I did sign up for the walking challenge with the goal of making Gold.  I can't run to the end of the driveway but I can walk forever.  So I'll start there.

That is all for now.