Forums are back in action! ×

Long Time Reader, First Time Poster

HI!

As the title reads, I've been following the Nerd Fitness newsletters for almost a year, and thought I should try joining the forum to try and reboot my goals.

When I started reading and getting in to NF middle of last year I had some real success in my journey for losing weight, managed to drop about 15Kg! Then Christmas struck, and work got busy and holidays etc. EXCUSES! 

Now I'm making a whole bunch of changes to my life, and thought what's one more to throw in the mix! My wife and I bought a new house a few months ago, and we are settling in well, pretty hard to get unpacked though with our three kids running / crawling around. I've also just quit my job yesterday! I'm taking up a new career with a wildly different organisation and I'm really excited about it! They are also way more supportive about work life balance, so hopefully that will help!

When I originally started my journey last year I wanted to lose 25Kg for my wedding Anniversary (putting me under 100kg for the first time since I proposed to my wife ~5-6 years ago). I was pretty impressed with my 15kg loss, but then got complacent and thought it would continue as I slacked off. I've now stacked 3kg back on and looking for some encouragement to get started again.

The biggest help I had last time was tracking everything with MyFitnessPal for food and Fitbit for steps, I'm going to get those started again, starting today! The other thing I did was set a goal to firstly run a 10K, and once I realised that with training I could smash that, I set to setting myself of doing it in under 55 minutes. I ran a 54:40 time at the Round The Bays event in Wellington, New Zealand in February, and it was awesome! People keep telling me to step up to a half marathon, but 21K seems pretty terrifying... Any advice on that step up?

Look forward to talking with you all soon!

Thanks

Dan

P.S. sorry if this reads like shambles, I type like a speak when I'm a bit nervous, and I speak as things come to the fore front of my mind, relative or not ;)

Hey, welcome! I'm with you on the slacking off part. I lost about 30lbs in my first few months here, then got complacent, and allowed life issues to bring back some bad habits again. Doing that as winter rolled in? Not good.

I'm not a runner, thanks to a bad knee, but there's plenty of those to offer help. I'm just here to wave a pompom of encouragement :):triumphant:

Viscura
[Cybernetic Warrior
]

Current Challenge

LEVEL: 18
STR: 23 | STA: 25 | CON: 22 | INT: 10 | WIL: 19 | DEX: 1

Stuff I do:
Write stories and talk about being trans
Various filmy/webseriesy things