Forums are back in action! ×

ArtsyLaurie's adventures

Okay! ^_^ I made my intro post a while back, Hubby & I joined a gym yesterday, and I started my Lvl 1 challenge thread today. Tuesday morning we have an appointment with one of the gym trainers for an exercise evaluation and discuss workout plans & nutrition.

Last night we went to the gym to try it out. I did 12 minutes on the elliptical to warm up then tried the weight machine circuit in the ladies' section, about 10 reps or so on each of the 12 machines. Might have more of a workout plan once we talk with the trainer Tuesday.

Starting stats:

Weight:            221 pounds

Waist:              43.5 inches

17163981456_631b863464.jpg

Photo on 4-18-15 at 1.21 PM by artsylaurie, on Flickr

17189898605_c3d24a8334.jpg

Photo on 4-18-15 at 1.20 PM by artsylaurie, on Flickr

• Like 1

ArtsyLaurie

Level 0 Orc adventurer

Battle Log - Lvl 1 Challenge

We're planning on going to the gym tonight.

We were going to go this afternoon, but Hubby discovered the water heater was leaking hot water all over the basement. Since the gym location by our house doesn't have showers he wanted to wait until we got the water heater replaced before getting all sweaty at the gym.

Other news...

I found a couple cute workout shirts at Hot Topic yesterday. I'm wearing the Minecraft Diamond chest one today to the gym. I'm saving the kitten one for Tuesday!

post-37461-0-65730000-1429471459_thumb.j

post-37461-0-77532000-1429471460_thumb.j

Sorry the pics are so dark! It was kind of late when I thought to get photos of the shirts.

Update 1:

Bought a couple lifting books at B&N. I got The Female Body Breakthrough by Rachel Cosgrove and The New Rules of Lifting for Life. They didn't have the For Women version of the book, but this said for both Men & Women and seemed like the next best thing rather than order online and wait a week.

Starting to read the first one while waiting on Hubby & my Dad to finish putting in the water heater & turn the water back on.

Also, lady stuff started today. :-[ I heard working out is good for that sort of thing tho! ^_^

ArtsyLaurie

Level 0 Orc adventurer

Hubby decided not to go to the gym with me last night because he was wupped from wrestling with the water heaters.

I ended up going by myself & it was fine. I did my thing and nobody even talked to me. ^_^  I did 10 minutes on the elliptical and about 10 reps on each of the 12 ladies' circuit machines. I figured it was something to do until I have a plan figured out.

Looking forward to our appt with the trainer Tuesday.

ArtsyLaurie

Level 0 Orc adventurer

Little bit of a workout during our meeting with the trainer Tuesday. I started a side blog on Tumblr to track on also. Laptopcoffeeshape

After some discussing with Hubby, we started doing Stronglifts 5X5 today. I got the app on my phone to track that too. Dunno how to do the screenshots from my phone tho.

I did good on it.  Squats 45lb. (bar only)  Bench 45 lb (bar only)  and Barbell Rows 65lb (10lb weights on bar)

Might hold off on the increases til Monday so I can practice form. The bench was kinda hard to do and keep the bar level the whole way.

Looks like I may be ending up in the Warrior guild rather than Adventurers. ^_^

ArtsyLaurie

Level 0 Orc adventurer