Forums are back in action! ×

Favorite hobby?

Is collecting hobbies considered a hobby? Seems a lot of people here share similar hobbies.

Mine in no particular order:

Photography (amateur at best, disaster more often than not ;) )

Mountain biking

Road biking

Reading

Electronics/hacking (programming and building circuits etc reverse engineering)

Drinking (yes it can be a hobby)

Learning new skills

Video Games although not much time for it these days

Cooking

Movies again not much time for it though

Drinking was a big hobby of mine for too long lol. I don't have much time for games or movies these days either.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

does going on the internet a lot count

i like to play the piano and I should really get back into reading books all the time haha. writing too!!

I surely hope getting on the net counts, I do it enough. I am on and off again with my reading. Sometimes I can read a book in two or three sittings and others It will take me two months.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

My high school had and still has one of the biggest woodshop programs on the east coast. The things those kids churn out are amazing. Every year you get a few high quality pool tables, amazing hand carved 4 post canopy beds, and some great other furniture. It's useful, just a pain to get access to the tools if you're trying to do it at home.

edit:

My hobbies:

Video games (sports, shooters, rpg's)

Reading (fantasy, some sci fi)

Lifting Heavy Shit

Thinking of taking up kick boxing

I'm also into lifting heavy shit :D

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Power tools are pretty awesome, I can't imagine anyone not liking them. Haha, but yeah most of the girls I know think it's really weird.

My hobby is collecting old (non-power) woodworking tools, fixing them up, and occasionally using them to build stuff. I also mountain bike, hike, and camp.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

My hobby is collecting old (non-power) woodworking tools, fixing them up, and occasionally using them to build stuff. I also mountain bike, hike, and camp.

That's really cool, man. I know a few people that buy old woodworking tools but they never really use them for anything. My dads a carpenter so I've been around stuff like that my whole life.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Swing dance - the perfect blend of nerd, physical activity, and socializing

Horse riding - chess, a psychological evaluation, pilates and dance performance all in one!

Sewing - I do a lot of it to get just the clothes I want. Also a lot of period costuming.

Cooking! I LOVE ME SOME COOKING! Healthy, unhealthy, for me, for you, whatever.

Reading - self explanatory

Computer games - when I don't feel like doing anything productive.

Swing dance - the perfect blend of nerd, physical activity, and socializing

Horse riding - chess, a psychological evaluation, pilates and dance performance all in one!

Sewing - I do a lot of it to get just the clothes I want. Also a lot of period costuming.

Cooking! I LOVE ME SOME COOKING! Healthy, unhealthy, for me, for you, whatever.

Reading - self explanatory

Computer games - when I don't feel like doing anything productive.

My girlfriend has been teaching swing dancing for the past few months. I like it but I'm having a hard time learning lol. I'm just not very good at that sort of thing.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I'm into skiing, tennis, video games, taking walks, driving.

I would like to get into things like mountain biking, hiking, racquetball, car maintenance

Hiking is so awesome. I can't say enough good things about it. Especially if you're a fantasy nerd.

I really want to get into mountain biking.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Hiking is so awesome. I can't say enough good things about it. Especially if you're a fantasy nerd.

I really want to get into mountain biking.

Or mountain bike + hiking together? I'm planning a trip where I mountain bike to the mountain, store my bike at the hike, climb up the mountain, climb down, bike home.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lies an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"Moving on and Moving up" Challenge

Or mountain bike + hiking together? I'm planning a trip where I mountain bike to the mountain, store my bike at the hike, climb up the mountain, climb down, bike home.

That sounds AMAZING! I think I will also have to give this a try! Maybe bike in a little ways, store bike, hike to a campsite, stay overnite, then back out to the bike, and finally home.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

That sounds AMAZING! I think I will also have to give this a try! Maybe bike in a little ways, store bike, hike to a campsite, stay overnite, then back out to the bike, and finally home.

Exactly. I love doing "self-sufficient" things. I'd love to pull a Thoreau and just go live in the woods for awhile.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lies an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"Moving on and Moving up" Challenge

I would love to stay out in the forest for about a week. I've only been for a few nights at a time but I think it would be a great thing. I think you'd come back out a little different then you went in even in such a short period of time.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

My main Hobby is also my Job... I work on and customize Harley-Davidson's .... my other hobbies include hunting, fishing, shooting my guns with my Family. ( yes I'm a REDNECK)

Your job is really awesome! Beats mine, lol.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Guest guest4729

For me I have just a few that I really enjoy:

Photography has always been a favorite of mine but I haven't taken many pictures the past year

Photoshop/Graphic Design has been a favorite since I was 12 and I taught myself how to use Photoshop 7. I make bangin' posters.

Knitting - I knit here and there, but only make scarfs because I don't love it enough to learn to do more just yet.

Working...I know, I know, this sounds odd. I really enjoy working because I hate having too much free time. I like to help people and I like to get up and move and do things, especially if I'm making money while doing it.

Reading was always something I loved but since I'm in college most of my reading consists of textbooks. I did; however, read 30+ books during the last 6 months of my senior year in high school.

Drinking and partying (in moderation, normally once a week if that)

DDR - I love love love this but it's expensive and there are no machines near me that are good.

Participating in a local community that's probably a little too taboo to mention on here.

And last but not least...spending time with my friends and my boyfriend. :)

For me I have just a few that I really enjoy:

Photography has always been a favorite of mine but I haven't taken many pictures the past year

Photoshop/Graphic Design has been a favorite since I was 12 and I taught myself how to use Photoshop 7. I make bangin' posters.

Knitting - I knit here and there, but only make scarfs because I don't love it enough to learn to do more just yet.

Working...I know, I know, this sounds odd. I really enjoy working because I hate having too much free time. I like to help people and I like to get up and move and do things, especially if I'm making money while doing it.

Reading was always something I loved but since I'm in college most of my reading consists of textbooks. I did; however, read 30+ books during the last 6 months of my senior year in high school.

Drinking and partying (in moderation, normally once a week if that)

DDR - I love love love this but it's expensive and there are no machines near me that are good.

Participating in a local community that's probably a little too taboo to mention on here.

And last but not least...spending time with my friends and my boyfriend. :)

I also like to work too because I also get bored with to much free time. I also love to read but I just don't have much time for it anymore. I'm always busy doing something else it seems. I've been reading The stand for about five months now and still haven't finished.

Too taboo? Now you've only made me more interested in what it is lol.

Some great hobbies you have!

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Guest guest4729

I also like to work too because I also get bored with to much free time. I also love to read but I just don't have much time for it anymore. I'm always busy doing something else it seems. I've been reading The stand for about five months now and still haven't finished.

Too taboo? Now you've only made me more interested in what it is lol.

Some great hobbies you have!

I sent you a PM to explain. lol

Otherwise I forgot to mention that I also enjoy urban exploring. I've abandoned multiple abandoned places to take pictures. I've been to two asylums, one prison, one power plant and one burnt down frat house. Tons of fun, but very risky.

Otherwise I forgot to mention that I also enjoy urban exploring. I've abandoned multiple abandoned places to take pictures. I've been to two asylums, one prison, one power plant and one burnt down frat house. Tons of fun, but very risky.

I am also a bit intrigued as to what could be too taboo. Personally not a big fan of work to fill my free time but more props to you guys!

urban exploring sounds cool. This area just isn't urban enough to work lol.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!