Forums are back in action! ×

So i failed last time.. well this time i have no excuses

Hello

I am very new.. found this site about 2 hrs ago via another site i am a member of,

Very excited to be here and expecting great things from myself.

So a bit about me.. If you look to the left you can see i am from london.. i have also just turn 28 and i am a gal, but not a girl one..

my story well.. since jan this year i have been trying to loose weight, i managed a total of 10lbs through various methods. however i put it all back on.

The method that works for me is calorie counting and for now i will stick at it until i understand other ways of eating better.

I should be clear with something here, i chose to fail. I picked up the pizza/ dortios and i chose to think i was left out by not drinking my body wieght in whisky.. it was my choice so i cannot blame anyone else. so now i choose to change.

I have renounced cardio pretty much and am working on a 3 day split routine ( GASP!) mostly as i work so hard my body hurts and i cannot have all my body limping or i will bail out again! with addition body weight exercises everyday and 2 days of interval cardio ( i don't enjoy cardio at all)

Here in lays a micro issue, i am the only girl in my gym who looks at the weights, all the rest are meathead guys and i am not ready to embrace being special yet, so guys and gals.. well moer gals.. how do i get over it? also how do i know if my form is correct?

sorry for going on :rolleyes:

welcome to the community! i love freeweights too. as for feeling at home with the meatheads...i just ignore them. i know it's not the best advice but in reality they aren't thinking about you so why waste your energy? think of the fact that they are likely lifting heavier stuff than you and the other girls are using the machines...so you basically have an entire freeweight arsenal to yourself. dumbells at least. as for form, i've watched alot of youtube videos...and try and do your movements in front of a mirror. that seems to help. good luck and welcome to the forum!

Yeah, I've noticed that I'm usually the only woman in the free weights section as well. I just remind myself that everyone's pretty much in their own headspace, not *really* noticing anyone else in any specific way. So I just go in and do my own thing. I think I get more weird looks for my vibram finger shoes than for being female these days. ;-)

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."