Forums are back in action! ×

No Voice!

Every year when it begins getting cold....my voice all but disappears. Nothing I do helps it. Gargling salt water...lemon honey tea blah blah blah nothing works.

Anyone have ANY ideas that might help alleviate this? I love to sing and I LOVE being loud and yelling at people (hehe) so I hate it when I don't have a voice. I'm willing to entertain all feasible ideas.

-Dark

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest. "- Muhammad Ali

Interesting. Drinking things has never worked before so I assume that wouldn't work either (since I drink a bit of sweetened tea at work...and it is heavily sweetened most of the time.)

I appreciate the response!

By the way, I went to an Ear nose and throat doctor a couple years ago and he didn't know what the cause was only that it MAY be allergies...but then when I have allergies bad my voice barely ever goes away so I'm crossing that one off the list. I tried resting my vocal chords for a day and a half and they were just as bad as before.

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest. "- Muhammad Ali

There is a line in that wiki page that says something like "since laringitis is usually caused by an outside or...the relief is usually stopping the action." pretty much if you smoke...stop. If you yell...stop. Etc. And since the cause of my voice loss is unknown....then I don't know. But since I have pretty decent insurance...I'm going to make an appointment with an ENT doctor soon.

I tried resting my vocal chords for a day and a half and they were just as bad as before.

As I've said...rest doesn't help them either. It's weird and I just hate it. I can't talk on the phone because they can't hear me. I can't call for things at work (since it's loud usually) It's just the pits. lol.