Forums are back in action! ×

Hiii. 

Wow where do I begin... I've never been very good at introductions. Call me River. I'm 25 years old, and looking to get in shape. I'm only 4'7" (tiny!), and weighing in at a quite unhealthy 179 lbs. I've struggled with my weight for years. In high school I was a nice 105 lbs, but it went south from there. I've suffered from hypothyroidism my whole life, which could have a lot to do with the weight gain, but who knows. I won't place all the blame there, I know it's a lot of my fault. I just want to get back to a healthy weight and stay there, and look good! (Also, it will get certain catty family members of mine to quit talking crap, another plus lol)

Nerd-wise, I'm a Sherlockian, a Trekkie (both Original Series and new movies), and a huge LOTR/Hobbit fan. I write fanfiction, play video games, and listen to music (Sigur Ros is my all-time favorite band) way too much. :) Hope to meet like-minded and awesome people!

• Like 1

Welcome :D 

If you haven't seen it, you should check out Staci's interview, she was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's hypothyroidism- I wouldn't doubt if you poked around the forum that there's a thread about NFers who have it somewhere, maybe you could ask them how they overcome and absolutely kick butt at their goals despite the set back! 

If your main quest is weight-loss related there's a whole section dedicated to it. Most of your battle will be diet. What do you think are your biggest hurdles to overcome in that aspect? Any plan of attack in mind to start chipping away at that goal? 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both