Forums are back in action! ×

Listen to Steve! The scales lie!

One of the best days I've had in a long time.

Short background story. I've had a dress in my closet that I haven't been able to fit in for a while. I kept it hanging there as an incentive. After months of running on the treadmill for hours and hours, trying to burn off fat, I found NF a few weeks ago, and it sounded so fun, and smart, and different, and.... I joined the Academy. I've been working through step by step. I've been reading the archives, and grazing the forums, eating up the resources. I'm still vey much in the beginner stages, feeling somewhat guilty for having so much fun instead of torturing myself on the treadmill.

Back to the point, I've been weighing in about once a week: absolutely no change. In fact I gained a pound, and added half a percentage point of body fat.

BUT this morning on a whim, I tried on the dress. It fit like a dream. It wasn't tight in my hips or thighs. It didn't catch on my tummy. It felt great. Within five minutes of getting to work I got 4 compliments and they kept coming all day long! :)

I've been trying to figure out what's so different, I'm not quite sure if it s the exercise, the attention to diet, just having fun, or what (I'm assuming a combo of everything). Seriously, it's only been three weeks!

Steve is right, the scales lie!

Thank you Steve for this! You've proven to me that three weeks of doing the smart way works! I don't care anymore what the scales say. It's all about how I feel, and how much today can be better than yesterday.

• Like 5

Body Weight is about as worthless as BMI..both assume you have to fit into a specific category to be fit.

I've been working out hard for about half a year now, eating fairly clean (cleaner now than when I started..which was still fairly clean)..my weight is the same..yet my body fat drops like a rock and strength shoots up.  If I went off of the scale and BMI I would've given up long ago..and that's why so many people fail..they are tracking the WRONG numbers.

Glad you figured it out!  Learn to track the RIGHT numbers and you'll stay forever motivated! :)

• Like 1

Triple this, 15 lbs heavier than I was at the end of high school (a decade ago, what, why did I keep jeans that long?!?!?) Jeans that were uncomfortably tight on me then? My fav and flattering pair I own now. 

I get so happy when I see posts like this I feel like jumping up and down and going THIS, THEY GET IT TOO, SO EXCITING :D :D :D

• Like 3

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both