Forums are back in action! ×

Losing the Weight Round 2, Newbie to NF

Hey everyone!  My name is Angela.  I've been reading Nerd Fitness for years but never posted on the forums before.  I'm a student (for only a few more weeks!), finishing my second master's degree (first was in Optics, second is in Medical Physics - nerd through and through!).  I'm married and don't have anything lined up for after I graduate yet.  I mostly do distance running weight lifting, but I pretty much enjoy every form of fitness really, when I have time for it - Zumba, mountain biking, tennis, yoga, you name it!  I tend to eat a more primal diet, like 80%, for health/food intolerance reasons but grad school and being on the go a lot has lead to a lot of eating out.  

A little background - a few years ago, I lost 50lbs on my own by exercising, eating right, and tracking my calories using SparkPeople.com.  I went back to school after losing my job and gained all the weigh back.  It was a combination of depression, lack of time, and energy.  I also had a bad case of insomnia for about a year.  I'm finally feeling like myself again and am ready to recommit to get back to a healthy weight and lifestyle!  My goal is to lose fat and get in better shape so I can do the things I enjoy more easily.

The plan right now is to just maintain until school is over (last find is May 8th, graduation May 17th) and then kick it into gear.  I am tracking my calories now when I have the time.  There is hardly any time for exercise until my assignments are all in.  I get a decent amount of steps while at school since it is in the city and wear my FitBit daily.

I'm just posting here for some accountability.  I know when I first started losing weight that telling strangers about it really helped.  I blogged on Spark People daily about my life and how it was going.  I still write a blog publicly (The Chicken Scoop) but it has been slow since I've been in school.  I thought finding a new place (i.e. The Rebellion) would help motivate me again!

Looking forward to meeting some cool people!

~Ang

• Like 1

~Angela

Runner, Lifter, Fitness Lover!

I blog at The Chicken Scoop

Hey Sugirl06 (Ang)! Nice to meet you, and welcome to the Rebellion! :) Motivation is what we do here on NF; you can check for people in your area in the Rebellion Meet Ups forum if you're interested - who knows how lucky you could get? :D 

You sound like you know what you're doing; where you're at, and how to get where you're going. Don't be afraid to post encouragement or advice anywhere on the site. We have all walks of people here, at all different stages of fitness, with all kinds of different goals. By motivating them, you may just find motivation for yourself. ;)

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!