Forums are back in action! ×

Motivation to get my lazy butt running

Hey there NFers from small-town Ontario, Canada. I have been lurking around the NF forum for a while but have not posted before (mostly because I had no news to report). However, the stories, tips, and goals I have read from fellow members have finally motivated me to stretch outside my comfort zone, get off my butt, and set a running goal.

I have run, off and on, for the last couple of years, but I have not tracked my progress, and I am completely lacking in consistency. So am I getting any better??? Not likely, but who knows? So here's the deal: I have registered for a 5 km run on December 31, 2011. My challenge is not so much to run the 5 km, BUT to do it in under 33 minutes.

So, there it is, it's out there and now I have to make it so. I'll keep ya posted! :D

Welcome MamaJen. As someone who is also just beginning to experience running, I am very excited to meet a fellow runner. If you train consistently you should be able to reach your goal. I'll be rooting for ya!

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

I've been working on improving my running game too. One thing that seems to have helped me is doing sprints. When I first started I couldn't run a quarter of a mile, but sprinting for 20 seconds (well, running as fast as I could) was doable. I got myself a gymboss and started doing 20 seconds on, 40 seconds off. It feels a lot easier than running a long distance while improving my stamina and (IMHO) is less boring than just chugging along at a more reasonable pace.