Forums are back in action! ×

Viking wants to wear the blue

Greetings and salutations.

A podcast sent me to your noble site, and I only wish I'd found it earlier.

I'd never really cared about exercise throughout school, always being more interested in reading or gaming. A few times I had attempted to get myself into some sort of respectable shape, but I never stuck with it and usually got pretty down about it. Always thought that there was no way I could be the strong warrior I wanted to be.

Crunch time for me came when I decided I wanted to join the police service. I knew there was no way I could make it as I was, so I started to train with the help of an exercise physiologist. 

Fast forward about a year and I've dropped 11kg, can do push-ups any day of the week, and can do a decent chin-up as well (something I never thought I'd be able to do). I'm getting much closer to the man I want to be, but I figure there's no such thing as too much support or good advice, and I'll take whatever help I can get.

I'd say that I was a paunchy Orc. Above average height, thick bones, and a lot of my weight gets carried around my waist and gut. Class-wise, I'd be a warrior/ranger/monk. I train in Chito-ryu karate twice a week, and do at least two sessions of bodyweight exercises a week. As an Orc I do love food (especially meat), and that might be where I fall down (especially eating out).

My end goal is to be agile, strong and tough enough that the PFT (physical fitness test) for the police service seems like a pleasant walk in the park.

I'm a huge fantasy nerd. I play Pathfinder, RuneQuest and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay regularly, and my favorite book series is Joe Abercrombie's First Law. I also enjoy swordfighting, beard-growing, and mead-drinking.