Forums are back in action! ×

Accountability - ETFnerd's Fitness Peccadillo Confessional

So I was reading an intro from a new member Soup about accountability in the forum. I guess I slip up all the time and I don't really document it anywhere, so here is the vessel where it will all go, and be expiated through the cleansing light of being in plain sight.

It's 1:30am on Sunday, so yesterday AMEX was running a promotion to make it seem like they were trying to help out small businesses. They were offering a $25 credit to your statement if you spent $25 at a small business. I spent all day on the road returning home from vacation and got home around 9pm. I remembered that I could spend $25 at a small business, essentially for free, and not being averse to free stuff, I set out to see what I could get.

It was late so I thought a restaurant would be open and found that Jerry's subs was open. I ordered two pizzas for takeout and brought them home before going out to work out tonight. Now the pizza I ordered for myself was an anchovy pizza. My wife hates anchovies and everyone I know hates anchovies on pizza. Suit yourself, more for me.

After the workout, I got home at around midnight and I was looking fwd to eating some pizza. As I am writing this, I ate 3/4 of the entire large pizza and I am thinking whether I should polish it off. I will update tomorrow how far I got, but so far I am this far in:

Posted Image

F*** it. I'll just work it off next week. It was f***ing delicious.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Glad I can be of service ;). I think this sort of thread lets you see in black and white how you've really been doing, whether you haven't been stringent enough with yourself, or hopefully it actually shows you that yeah, Ive pretty much been doing things right. Either way, it should give you motivation.

I fear your photos are gonna give me massive cravings

Dude, cheap pizzas are dangerous, especially when you can get like, 1600 calories worth for like $5

Looks good, except for those slimy pieces of ass on your pizza :D

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

So I finished what was left in the pizza picture above for lunch - ate the whole thing today. My totals for today's food according to Myfitnesspal:

Posted Image

The exercise totals are:

Posted Image

So I ate a lot but not well. I also exercised a lot today so it was somewhat offset. In the food log, I have an estimated BMR of 1830kcal + 1536kcal in execise. Ate 3879kcal so I ate ~513kcal over my estimated budgeted calories, so not as bad as I had originally imagined.

I did sparring/karate for almost 2hrs but I only recorded 60min b/c there is some standing around waiting for your match in round robins. Probably 60min of actual sparring is a conservative estimate.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Ok, today I ate an estmated 2,360kcal. My BMR is estimated at 1,830kcal and I burned an estimated 1,206kcal in running 10 miles today. So I had a 676kcal deficit offsetting my 513kcal surplus from yesterday. So one day after I ate a whole large anchovy pizza, if my calculations are correct, I burned it all along with everything I ate in he last two days. Woohoo...!

Posted Image

My mom made a lot of paella for my family to take home.

Posted Image

I don't really hang there unless it's to log my food and exercise. There are too many people, a low signal to noise ratio and it doesn't feel like a community. It serves its purpose for calorie tracking and analysis. It feels more like family here.

Wednesday 11/30/2011Today was supposed to be my scheduled rest day because I attended an awards banquet at a Chinese restaurant where they served an 11-course meal. These are pictures of every course. I ate small portions of every course, but I ate every course so I felt deflated when I walked out of the gathering. I then decided to go work out. Seems like I have some illness or ocd. This was a bad week for me in terms of food, but I am trying to outrun my food. We'll see if I make it...

First Course: Jellyfish

Posted Image

Second Course: Fried Squid

Posted Image

Third Course: Seafood Soup

Posted Image

Fourth Course: Coconut Shrimp

Posted Image

Fifth Course: Mushrooms

Posted Image

Sixth Course: Fried Pork Chops

Posted Image

Seventh Course: Roasted Chicken

Posted Image

Eigth Course: Tofu

Posted Image

Ninth Course: Beef with Crispy Noodles

Posted Image

Tenth Course: Sesame Pastry

Posted Image

Hit 10 image per post limit so continued in next post...

...continued from previous post:

Eleventh Course: Oranges

Posted Image

It was all f'ing delicious. I estimate 2,500kcal. With exercise, I was at a calorie deficit yesterday. Live to enjoy your life responsibly.

My wife ordered garlic parmesan breadsticks and pizza. I didn't partake at dinner, but ate one breadstick a few minutes ago. Also am eating about 8oz of red grapes.

Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks: 1 Carbs:27 Protein:5 Fat: 5 Kcalories: 170

Double workout Sunday planned, so we'll see how it goes.

Can't wait for this week to be over...

This week, my BMR estimate was 12,810kcal (1,830/day x 7days). I also burned an estimated 5,941kcal this week through exercise for a total of 18,751kcal expended. I ate an estimated 16,634kcal this week according to my food log so I am pretty confident that I was able to outrun my food this hellish week.