Forums are back in action! ×

Rebel from Austria introduction

Hey fellow rebels!

Happy to be here. Here's my story...I used to workout all my life but never really as much as I do today. After a stressful period of time I got stressed out, lost my confidence and now I'm suffering from a panic disorder which was pretty limiting. Actually it still is limiting my everyday life and my personality has changed. In order to overcome this scary condition I have/had to think my life over.

I found out that I hate my job but I'm scared to get another job, as I don't really know what I want to do for a living. From the outside I live a perfect life, I'm married to an adorable wife, I have a Masters degree and I own a condo and I'm absolutely debt free. In fact I don't have to be scared of anything....still I am.

I have decided to join your movement as I want to turn my life around. I want to exhaust my body, proceed my mind and cultivate my spirit. I wanna be brave again....fearless like back in the days and I need to transform my body.

Getting stronger boosts my confidence and helps me fight this freaking panic disorder. I want to shift my focus away from the job I hate to the thing I love...working out. I want to get calmer, more relaxed and appreciate the things I have.

You can find my workout log in the forum.

Looking forward to an awesome life with you guys as my wingmen...

Hi there! Where in Austria are you from?

I hope you find what you're looking for. I can say for sure that I've found a lot of inner peace recently through re-evaluating my life/priorities and getting seriously involved in strength training and other physical activities. So it can definitely be done. Best of luck to you! Oh and welcome!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lies an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"Moving on and Moving up" Challenge

That's a very frank and personal intro. It's great that you are so introspective and real with yourself. You also seem to be the type that doesn't let circumstances dictate your condition. You take circumstances as they are and attack them the best way you can to improve your life. That's a great attitude and it will help you succeed. I will enjoy watching as it unfolds. Welcome to the boards.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Hi there! Where in Austria are you from?

I hope you find what you're looking for. I can say for sure that I've found a lot of inner peace recently through re-evaluating my life/priorities and getting seriously involved in strength training and other physical activities. So it can definitely be done. Best of luck to you! Oh and welcome!

I'm from Vienna, Austria...so pretty close to you I guess!

It's tough to deal with such a condition...I used to be freaking fearless, a warrior. And suddenly I was insecure and limited by my own body which confronted me with symptoms I've never experienced before. I've come a long way and now I'm on my way back but every now and then I experience setbacks. But I guess that's what keeps me going. It's a maturity process...finding out what I really want and need to be confident and happy.

That's a very frank and personal intro. It's great that you are so introspective and real with yourself. You also seem to be the type that doesn't let circumstances dictate your condition. You take circumstances as they are and attack them the best way you can to improve your life. That's a great attitude and it will help you succeed. I will enjoy watching as it unfolds. Welcome to the boards.

Thanks ETFnerd...I really changed my personality...from a cold and emotionless boy to a passionate and hopefully soon calm man. It's a constant battle and I will win it.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I'm from Vienna, Austria...so pretty close to you I guess!

It's tough to deal with such a condition...I used to be freaking fearless, a warrior. And suddenly I was insecure and limited by my own body which confronted me with symptoms I've never experienced before. I've come a long way and now I'm on my way back but every now and then I experience setbacks. But I guess that's what keeps me going. It's a maturity process...finding out what I really want and need to be confident and happy.

Love Vienna!

It sounds like you've got a really good start though. I think the biggest hurdle is admitting something isn't quite right, trying to figure out what that is and how to fix it. Once you've got that the rest should come over time. It's absolutely insane how getting stronger physically and pushing your body really can change your whole entire life.

Best of luck to you!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lies an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

Love Vienna!

It sounds like you've got a really good start though. I think the biggest hurdle is admitting something isn't quite right, trying to figure out what that is and how to fix it. Once you've got that the rest should come over time. It's absolutely insane how getting stronger physically and pushing your body really can change your whole entire life.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks again for your encouraging words...It's a long road to travel and sometimes tough to accept that the priorities in my life aren't in correct order. I gotta get another job as my current job isn't fulfilling me. Since working out this hard a lot has changed.

Where in Bavaria are you?

Thanks again for your encouraging words...It's a long road to travel and sometimes tough to accept that the priorities in my life aren't in correct order. I gotta get another job as my current job isn't fulfilling me. Since working out this hard a lot has changed.

Where in Bavaria are you?

Right south of Munich in farm country. I'm hoping to move a bit farther south in the next year or so, closer to the mountains.