Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone. 

I am a 29 year old father of two from Birmingham, AL. I have been reading Nerd Fitness for over a year but I have yet to implement any kind of fitness routine. I have decided that it is time I make some changes.

I am 5'11"(180.3cm) and weigh in at 197 lbs(89.36kg). I played football in high school so I was in great shape when I graduated. However, like many people, I let myself go as I got older and life began to happen. 10 years and two kids later, I am horrendously out of shape. My diet is garbage. I don't get enough sleep. I get winded easily and I pull muscles removing my shirt. I am tired all the time.

Yes, I said above I have been reading NF for over a year. I have no excuses here. I just flat out failed to do anything with the information I was learning. Everything looked and sounded good but when it came to actually implementing any of it, I failed. Miserably. 

It all ends now.

I have started making some small changes already. Things like getting more sleep, making healthier choices with my diet, and taking a multi-vitamin. I am already seeing significant changes with my energy levels. Now I actually feel like working out. So that is basically were I am at today.

I hope to see you all around the boards. Good luck in your on endeavors.

Peacecraft.

Hi Peacecraft,

What are your plans? Will you hit the gym or do it by yourself? The gym helped me to really go outside and start working out on my own. The coaches there gave me the introduction to everything and more important an idea of what I wanted to do. That really helped me because I wouldn't have known how to work out efficiently (But since you read nerdfitness for that long I think you have a pretty good idea on how to accomplish what you want).  Before that I bought running shoes and went for a run every 2 days for like 2 weeks and stopped again...

Getting started is hard, but keeping at it for the first weeks is in my opinion even harder.

As soon as you get your workout going for a few weeks you will start to feel great about yourself. 

Just keep on :)