Forums are back in action! ×

So I've been on the email list for a while with nerd fitness and never really looked into the forums and what this really was. I love that its a community that supports each other!  Figured I'd give it a try.

About me:  I grew up in a small town in Florida, spent years working on a neighbors farm as a kid and became a competitive figure skate which is quite the dichotomy. I have always been pretty nerdy, sci fi, computer programming, and into tech.  After many years of training for figure skating and working on the farm I had to quit doing the skating because of knee surgeries and moved away from the country to start a career after college.  for the last 15 years I have slowly gained weight till I hit 250lbs over the holidays. I freaked out and started to get depressed only to step back and realize its all been about my decision on what food to put in my body and that I have the choice to exercise and not lay around on my couch watching Syfy network.

I made very positive changes and have slowly been switching to a paleo diet and walking at least 6 days a week.  I really believe the Paleo diet is whats changing my weight more than the walking.  I no longer feel tired all the time I get up with energy and just really feel so much better even my moods are better.  I have lost 18lbs so I am down to 232lbs and still working on it.  I was being tested for diabetes constantly, and i had high cholesterol now my cholesterol is normal and the blood sugar issues are slowly going away. 

I hope to meet others on here going through the same struggles that I can cheer on and can cheer me on.

Shaka1268

You're making a great start. I'm sure you're right about the diet being the major factor in your weight loss (you can consume 200 calories in a couple of minutes but it could take half an hour to burn it off).

You'll find plenty of like-minded and supportive people here. Good luck and keep up the good work.

• Like 1

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit, call it the target."

You're right to believe that any significant weight change will come from diet- it does for everyone regardless of what diet they choose (IIFYM, calorie counting, keto, paleo, raw.....) Weight loss will always start and center around how you fuel your body.

Welcome and happy to have you :D

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both