Forums are back in action! ×

Inner Demon Response

In response to Today's question posted on the blog:

My 'inner demon' is me convincing myself that if I say No Thanks to a coworker who is encouraging me to eat something that I don't need that I won't be hurting their feelings.

I conquer it by reminding myself that I am only responsible for me and for my own actions and reactions and not for anybody else's. I also look at the women who are bringing these no-no foods in; they are all overweight and none of them are doing anything about it. I remember that perhaps I can be an example and help move the revolution forward!

I will be the change I wish to see in the world, and that change starts with me!

I also have the strategy of bringing something in once a week or once every two weeks that I can eat and have fun with that is fairly guilt free!

Peace - and Live Long and Prosper!

• Like 1

"The only decision that matters is what you do with the time that has been given to you." (Gandalf - LOTR)

The gals at the workorder desk here are all abuzz about my weightloss, but they continue to bring in donuts, pizzas, candy, cookies, and all manner of other treats that sit on their counter all day long.  I know they've made the connection since I quit raiding the counter months ago, so I can only suspect that they just aren't that interested in giving up their treats in order to have my results.  To their credit, they don't gripe too much about being heavy, and even when they do I always try to be encouraging.

Ultimately we all get what we want most.  I was fat when I wanted treats more than strength.  Now more than fleeting gustatory enjoyment I want to be lean, strong, and fast.

Not everyone wants that, nor should they have to--as long as I'm not compelled to pay for the consequences of their choices, that is. ;)

• Like 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?