Forums are back in action! ×

New + gonna start working out :-)

Hi guys!

I'm a 20 year old girl with a pretty tense relationship with physical activity, but I've decided to change that. I've been depressed for 5+ years and one of the worst symptoms for me is an intense lack of energy.. which has made it more appealing to sit in and play wow than to go outside and get in shape, even though everyone claims that physical acitivity helps with depression. 

Things are starting to look up for me depression-wise, and I have a lot of free time this summer, so I've decided that this will be the summer when I change my attitude and start working out. I'm not overweight and I look pretty normal, so weight loss is not really a motivation for me - I just want to feel like I'm in control of my body (and mind), and I hope that I can learn to enjoy working out :)

I've read a bit around on this community and it seems like a really warm and welcoming place which will definitely help me keep motivation up! I'm starting with running tomorrow (should probably start today but I need to buy a sports bra, heh) and I'm planning to keep it up all summer.

Good luck with your journey towards getting healthy (mind & body). I struggle with depression too and finding the will and energy to get up and do anything can be a huge challenge every day. Stick with it and push yourself! It's not easy but nothing worthwhile is.