Forums are back in action! ×

Hello all,

I've been looking for fun ways to lose weight and get healthy, and I had this site recommended to me by a friend, so I figured I'd give it a shot! 

I'm not quite sure how guilds work or what I'd "be" here in general, but I'm reading up. 

I'm a 20 year old girl who's about 180 lbs and 5'6" tall, and I'm looking to lose weight but also just to feel better in general. I track my food in MyFitnessPal right now, and drink water pretty strictly. I don't exercise very much right now, outside of walking my dog.

I've lost about 15 lbs since the beginning of March, down from around 195. During that period of time, I changed my diet to what it is currently, and I'd been doing a Neila Rey workout plan, but I stopped about two and a half weeks in because I got lazy to be honest. I'm not looking to repeat that mistake, so I figure joining a community and getting friends and family to help support me will help keep me on track. 

I think that's about it! I'm really looking forward to doing more here. I think my first main goal is to get down to around 150 lbs.

Don't be afraid to tell me if you think that sounds too vague, if you think I should set a different goal, or if I'm off-track!

Hey Phasma,

We all started out about the same as you, with a vague idea of losing weight and/or getting stronger, etc. It takes a bit of practice to get used to working out how to set helpful goals, and to learn what to do to achieve them.

A great place to start is by making S.M.A.R.T. Goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-Bound). There's a good article on the blog about it.

Also, once you get settled in, you may want to try out the next 6 Week Challenge, which will start at the beginning of June.

Apart from that, don't hesitate to ask questions, comment on other peoples' posts, etc. 

Oh and btw, love your avatar!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Thank you! Yeah, I was looking into trying this and seeing where that took me, along with easing into a paleo diet. Do you have any thoughts/advice?

Regarding the link... I have none.

Going paleo, the first month or so is probably gonna be rough, as you break the carb addiction, even if you ease into it. You might end up being one of the lucky ones that doesn't suffer, but you just remember why you're doing it and it eventually gets better.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)