Forums are back in action! ×

All right. Let's do this.

I'm a 27 year old guy who has struggled with weight issues most of his life. My best period was back in high school, when I used to train martial arts 4 days a week. But even then I wasn't really trim, as I still had a small belly and fat around my waist.

Since then it's been a constant up-and-down where I'll lose weight for a few months and then gain it again. I'm tired of that. I want to do better.

I've been aware of this site for a few years, but now I'm decided to really commit to getting healthier. I've already told my friends and now I want to tell you. I want to build a support system to keep myself in check and prevent me from slacking.

Right now I'm at 210 pounds, with a body fat percentage I estimate in the high 20s, based on photo comparison. I'm 5'11".

I've already started. I'm cleaning up my diet, eating smaller portions and keeping track of what I eat. I'm also walking/jogging for 20 minutes 3 times a week, to get my body back in the rhythm of exercising regularly, which I haven't done in a couple of years. I'm going to start with the Beginner Body Weight Workout soon, probably this week.

I'll see what else I can find, but any tips and new steps you could give me would be helpful.

I'm doing this. See you on the other side.