Forums are back in action! ×

I am a middle aged fat computer geek. I wasn’t always any of those things though. For years I have been getting progressively less healthy. I gained weight, developed hypertension and insanely high cholesterol, and had a generally depressing outlook on life. Then one day (march 1, 2011) I just sort of woke up. I started eating right, experimenting with new ways of eating until I eventually settled on a modified Eat to Live as the best and most maintainable for me. Over the course of this year I have dropped 60 pounds going from a lifetime high of 300 (!) to my current 240. I have done it almost entirely with diet so far but I am ready to add an exercise program now to really kick this weight loss in the ass. My ultimate goal is “Half the man I used to be†or 150 lbs so I still have a long way to go but I’m actually starting to think it is doable. I just found this site and I really like what I’ve read so far. I am looking forward to sharing my progress with you guys in the near future.

Thanks for reading.

Hi Nv, I started 2 months earlier on 1/1/2011 on a new year's resolution and dropped from 255 to 160 just this morning. It's certainly doable and worth doing. If it makes you happy, why not. I also got rid of pre-diabetes numbers, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, hypertension, acid reflux, etc. Feels great to be able to breathe at night. I am also middle-aged at 41. Anyhow, hope all goes well and give a shout if you want to compare notes. Welcome.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Thanks for the welcome ETF. I am also 41 (soon to be 42). I had reflux too but I haven't taken a Nexium in 6 months or more. Diet has made all the difference in how I feel. I have dropped several medications I was on (with a very pleased doctor's consent) and reduced others and I'm hoping to eliminate them all soon.

"just over" 40, chained to a computer and way over weight, that's me and I'm finding there's lots of us who are looking to trade in those symptoms for slick spy-ninja habits! Glad to meet you and looking forward to colloborating with you! Also, congrats on getting this far! 60 pounds, that rocks!!!!

Keep your scanners peeled!

Knight Rider

My Fitness Pal