Forums are back in action! ×

Reset.........Here I go again

Welp………I’m trying to get back into the groove of things.  Last year I got into the best shape of my life then I started to feel really crappy all the time,  I got diagnosed with depression, slowly gained 20 lbs, lost my job, spent the holidays unemployed and eating ice cream for lunch.  3 Months ago I found a great job that l love and pays well, but my health and mood have not improved.  I’m still struggling whit fatigue, and 0 motivation, my skin is acting out, I gain about a pound or two a week while eating clean and my stomach is a mess.  If I manage to be productive for a couple of days, I end up feeling ill for a week and sleeping for forever without ever feeling rested. It’s just really hard to get out of bed, and when I get home from work I go straight back to it. I drink coffee by the gallon just to manage work, but I could go to sleep right after finsihing a capuccino with an extra shot of espresso.   I have become a master at procrastination….which I’m aware it’s not a good thing when you would like to keep a job. 

Switched doctors and they found my hormones are all out of whack and my cortisol levels are really high, testosterone and DHEA are ridiculously low and they say that all of that explain all of my symptoms.  Whit that said, doctor warned me that it will take several months to start feeling better (at least 6 months) and too take it easy with my workouts. She also recommended meditation and yoga and work on stress management.  I’m not really sure what to do whit that last one.  The thought of feeling this crappy for another month, stresses me out, let along another 6 months.

I want to get back to my old me and I’m just not sure how to get there.

I’m starting to do all the things that snowballed into feeling great last year and see if that might help this time around, keeping in mind at the same time that I will be a slower process than before.

And that’s that.

Starting over

Level 0