Forums are back in action! ×

Getting back on track

Hi! Kristian, 22, Norway.

My activity story at various ages:

0-12: Typical child running around 24/7 playing a lot.

12-15: Gradually decreasing activity levels due to PlayStation and broadband connection.

16-18: Fatigue syndrome. Boring. Got overweight.

19-20: Got better! Started uni. Improved diet, walked around a lot, did sports on and off.

21: Discovered Stronglifts through my brother. Got to 5x5 100kg squats in half a year and deadlifted 125kg 1x5.

21-22: Strength routine faded. Partied with Erasmus students. Extremely fun, but health got worse.

22: Sitting on my ass a lot, struggling with thesis, not bothering to cook properly. Cooking got better this autumn, but activity levels were really low. Decided to do some sort of physical activity every day throughout november, and write down how I felt afterwards. Turns out the results were great every single time.

---

So now I'm eating lots of veggies, fruits, fish, and such; and doing the Stronglifts program. I'm not familiar with the NerdFitness program, but I got really excited after seeing Steve's Google Talk, and browsing the site. I don't know anyone who squats, deadlifts, etc., so I figured it'd be nice to get into a community.

I'm already enjoying all kinds of benefits of having become physically fit, and I'm already happy with my appearance. My goal is to stick with the physical activity, and of course there's nothing bad with getting stronger. Perhaps also it would be nice to discover how to help others who wish to improve their health.