Forums are back in action! ×

Paying for NEXT Christmas!

So hi there!

Not sure what all to say in an introduction.

I'm 36, 2 kids, 3 dogs, 3 cats, and a mom in my house. I have been heavy-ish all my life and moving to Iowa 14 years ago has made it worse (60 lbs worse) I look back at myself at 170 and think about what a silly girl I was. I have struggled for years. I am an emotional eater and I will get going good in the right direction doing really well for 5 or 6 weeks and then something happens and it all comes crashing down as I use potato chips to make myself feel better.

My BF and his family have started a challenge. For the next 11 months they are putting in 10 bucks a month into a pot and whoever looses the highest % of weight over that time gets the pot :D and they invited me to take part. So while I know that my motivation should come from inside, having a kick ass goal to keep me going and my love of winning and smack talk should totally help!

I'm in it for the long haul! I'm looking to kick their asses! And its going to be BRILLIANT!!

my Goals (also known as my strategy to KICK their Butts and WIN!)

I want to loose a minimum of 75 lbs (30% loss) over the next 11 months to do this I will:

Exercise:

do some sort of weight training 3days/week. I am starting with Angry Birds and then maybe moving on to the the Rebel Fitness Guide.

Do Pilates 3 days/week (I have done Pilate style workouts in the past and I love the increased flexibility it gives me)

Do 3 days of 45 minutes of some sort of cardio. (could be walking the dogs, playing just dance with my girls, a work out video, doing the step on Wii Fitness, whatever as long as I am up and moving!)

Eating:

I am going Caveman on this! I will clean up my diet, cut out fast food. Plan menus! Though I will also be tracking calories just to make sure that I'm not sabotaging myself. Initial calorie intake will be 1800. That is above my BMR and with the exercise I am planning will give me a decent deficit.

I have already cut down to two diet pops a day, I will replace one of those with tea.

Drink plenty of water!

Weight/Measurements:

I am only going to weigh/measure once a month. This is IMPORTANT to my plan. I am easily frustrated. Dec 15 is the official Start Date! and then the 15th each month going forward.

Tracking

I'm a dork :P I had a great time building myself a multimonth spreadsheet that reports to the total page :P going to track my workouts and calories on it. be able to track short term and long term goals. That way I will always be able to look and see how I have been doing. Should be a good trick to help me stay motivated. Just have to look and see if I've gotten in enough workouts this week or whatever.

Life Goals:

Encourage my girls be more active with me.

Get financially fit (I'm working on that plan)

Get the business plan finished and begin building the business.

Do one new thing every month!

So HI! Thanks for being here, this seems like an amazing place!

I am my own evil twin!

~~ Paleo Challenge! ~~ Blog ~~

Hi jessie. I also used to love potato chips. Inhaled large bags mindlessly. Now I reach for healthier stuff most of the time. I recenty lost 95lbs from 255 in 11 months. With a good plan it should be doable. I love the idea of walking with your dogs. Consistent exercise was key for me, and I guess you can't just decisde to not walk the dogs w/o creating problems so that's a great idea. Eventually, maybe you can run with them later. Sounds like you have a great plan, and hit us up if you want to discuss anything in your journey. Welcome.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Hi jessie, Looks like we joined about the same time. Sounds like you have a great plan. Reminds me of a friend I met at the gym. She is 38 now and has 2 pre teen boys & a LEO husband. A full plate you might say. She challenged herself by entering a BB contest in the Transformation Division. She lost 85 lbs. & placed 2nd inthe event. She is now training for a figure contest. She is in the Dec. 2011 issue of Oxygen Mag. if you want to read her story. Her name is Cindy. Just an example to show that all things are possible. Good luck on your journey. Reminder what my friend Stew Smith says " Fitness is not a destination it's a journey."

Guest guest4729

Man, if someone was offering money if I could lose weight I would TOTALLY be in on that. That sounds pretty darn awesome. I'd probably be in the gym more often, probably lifting free weights every chance I got and doing extra laps around the dining room at work. Money is a great motivator but it shouldn't cause you to lose sight of your goal! Don't forget that you're doing this for YOU, your kids, your boyfriend and your health. Don't lose sight of your real goals just because money is involved.

I wish you the absolute best of luck in your journey to getting fit!