Forums are back in action! ×

Old man from Texas

Just found this site & am impressed. I am 65 & my goals are to get into the best shape I can & to maintain good health. I am a welder at a large Rock Quarry & have NO plans to retire. I know I am fighting a battle with age I can't win,but I am not going to sit in a couch and give up. Currently I train 3 days a week bodyweight & kettlebells. I try to mix things up with a TRX & bands. Also I like using ladders with pull ups & push ups.

My biggest weakness is diet. So the goal for 2012 is to drop 20lbs. I want to be at 190-195. I like what I see here & look forward to good advice & making some new friends along the way.

I am married and have one daughter and one granddaughter(2 yrs) who by the way has me totally wrapped around her finger.

Hi, I'm 41 with 2 young daughters. Maybe you can share what worked for you raising your daughter and what you would do differently. Good luck. Sounds like you have a lot to look fwd to and motivation to get to your goals. Welcome.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Welcome. I'm 52 and also in Texas. Which means we're no more than a day or so drive apart!! 2 boys, 3 girls and 2 grandsons...

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I guess the one thing I would do different would be a better role model in the fitness area. I have a very physical job so I (wrongly) convinced my self I did not need to workout. My daughter loves sports so between Volleyball & Softball she did not have much time to get into trouble. She worked hard at being what she wanted which was to be a Fastpitch Softball Pitcher, but really was not into PT. I think if I was training as hard then as I do now it might have been different. I let the Granddaughter go into the home gym with me. She plays with the bands & pulls on the TRX. She is also interested in the Kettlebells. So I am hoping she will remain interested as she grows up.