Forums are back in action! ×

Motorcycle Jacket

Years and years ago, in my punk rock youth, I got a leather motorcycle jacket. It served me well through the 90s, however, I hadn't been able to fit in it since early in the 2000s (since I got a desk job). It has been one of my goals to be able to wear it this fall, once the cool season kicks in again. I have been trying it on every now and then to see my progress. Before I started my fitness journey, I had a huge gap between the two sides of the jacket, and there was no possible way to make the ends meet (probably a gap of 6-8 inches). This morning, I was feeling pretty good about myself, so I thought that I would see how far away the zipper ends were from each other. I was able to zip it!!!!!! It was entirely too snug, but based on my progress, I should get to wear it this fall!!!!

very cool!

I was able to break out my 3X leather jacket last winter...the jackets I had worn the previous winter were all tents on me. Come this winter, though, my leather jacket will be way too big.

I have a light grey, acid-washed, denim jacket with a sex pistols patch sewn on it that was put on there by my friend in high school. It was in the closet at my mom's house, and I lent it to my wife one year for an 80s party. Now, it's our closet, and I'm actually pretty close to being able to wear it.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

I have a light grey, acid-washed, denim jacket with a sex pistols patch sewn on it that was put on there by my friend in high school. It was in the closet at my mom's house, and I lent it to my wife one year for an 80s party. Now, it's our closet, and I'm actually pretty close to being able to wear it.

Wow, the mention of a denim jacket with patches brings me back. I had one of those that I wore prior to getting the leather. I am pretty sure that I still have it, but the last time I wore it was to a GWAR concert, so it is no longer wearable as it is a souvenir from that show -- it is more purple than blue (at least it was the last time I saw it.). I think it is in the bottom of a bin somewhere that I have moved many times without opening.

I thought that I should put up a pre-lifestyle change photo. This is me last year on Halloween:

The change looks great, although I'm a little sad that you're not rocking those chops still.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated failures. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

~Calvin Coolidge