Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone! My name is Carter and I am a 33 year old woman living in St. Augustine, FL. I say 'woman' as it's my birth gender, but I associate with the male gender, so there's that. I usually call myself a guy/man, etc. BUT, with that out of the way - I am glad to be here! Nice to meet everyone.

I have always been a long-time athlete. From a very early age I have ALWAYS worked out, been active, eaten well, etc. I actually have taken it too far in my youth and was not only anorexic, but an exercise bulimic. I have since gotten back to weight and found a healthy balance of diet and exercise.

I have always been a swimmer, a runner, a surfer, a weight lifter, but I just seem to 'not care' anymore. As soon as I turned 30 - it hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm Lazy now. And I enjoy sleeping until the late afternoon/early evening. Waking up, showering, eating and doing nothing.

It's the total opposite of how I have been my entire life. I want to change it and get back to working out, doing water sports (like kitesurfing, etc.) but I am ALWAYS hungry and have absolutely 0 energy. What is happening to me? I used to be a Scout who became a Warrior and now I am looking to turn myself into a Ranger. Any advice? Encouragement? Words of Wisdom? Please help a comrade in arms. Thanks.

• Like 2

I honestly have no clue... But if it helps i like to eat, sleep and do nothing too! Here are lot of rangers who can kick speed to you! Have you been to the doctor? Checked the blood levels? My problems were found from blood levels though i still love to eat and do nothing. :-D good luck though and i wish to hear about you soon

• Like 1

Welcome!

I had somewhat of a similar issue - used to be very fit, then hit my 30's and zzzz.  However when I got a bloodwork panel done everything was A+++ perfecto (I was actually expecting to see some type of anemia due to the way I had been feeling).  So it's not always something wrong on that end... and intereatingly enough, when I got my butt up and off the couch to even walk 15 minutes a day, SO MUCH ENERGY returned.  It was amazing!  A sedentary body can definitely settle in with that fatigued feeling.

What does your daily diet look like?  Are you eating not so good foods that have little nutritional value and are leaving you hungry?  I'm still learning that it's ok to eat more good for me foods when I'm hungry... because my body needs nutrients!  Nutrition can be so confusing, sometimes.  (At least to me!)  If you're eating healthy and still ravenous with no exercise expenditure then that might be a good reason for some bloodwork, too! :)

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65