Forums are back in action! ×

Am I alone on this?

I tend to keep things internalized as well. I mean, my family obviously knows - there's three chinup bars, a power rack, and a pile of weights in the house - as do my close friends, but it's definitely not because I've been blabbing about it.

I guess for me that's because I'm doing this for myself only. I couldn't give a #$%& what anybody has to say about it (unless I start doing something really stupid and/or unhealthy, in which case I hope that someone would notice and intervene).

I want to be stronger and healthier and that's all there is to it.

The exception to the code of silence rule is the nf forums, because it's a great place to learn and to exchange thoughts/energy with like-minded peeps.

I didn't tell anyone at first, because I was afraid I'd fail at it. After awhile people started to notice and asked questions about it, so, I would tell them all about it. Congrats on the compliments and go ahead and add one more. Good job!

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

My family obviously knows what I'm up to because they see it, but I don't talk about it with them since it annoys them, not to mention the fact they think I'm insane. My immediate family, in general, are overweight, out of shape and eat a diet of mainly processed foods. My parents, in particular, eat essentially every single meal in a form of a sandwich, I mean I didn't even know that was possible. So yeah, my fresh, local, organic paleo diet is in stark contrast to what they eat.

My friends (guys) that I climb with obviously know about my fitness goals because we're all basically on the same page about training, not so much diet, but hey, you can't have everything. My friends (girls) from college know nothing about my goals, fitness or diet, and I feel that's one of many reasons we're drifting apart. They're interested in getting married and going to parties and I'm interesting in increasing my deadlift and climbing big mountains, so yeah, not much to talk about anymore. They also think I'm insane, seems to be a common theme at the moment. Since when did caring about your body become synonymous with insanity?

I do love my internet friends though, it's nice to have people who understand and support you in your goals, when most other people in real-life don't.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lies an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"Moving on and Moving up" Challenge

I do love my internet friends though, it's nice to have people who understand and support you in your goals, when most other people in real-life don't.

Think about giving your real friends another chance. Sometimes it takes a little while to reconcile how they feel about the new you. Besides, who doesn't want to be around awesome. I guess the really insecure, but if they've got problems reach out to them and maybe they'll want to be awesome with you. It's easy to stick with friends when things are all good, but sticking with them through difficulties builds a deeper bond imho.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Think about giving your real friends another chance. Sometimes it takes a little while to reconcile how they feel about the new you. Besides, who doesn't want to be around awesome. I guess the really insecure, but if they've got problems reach out to them and maybe they'll want to be awesome with you. It's easy to stick with friends when things are all good, but sticking with them through difficulties builds a deeper bond imho.

I know, you're right. It's hard when you're thousands of miles away. I am planning a big visit to see everyone next year and then there's all those weddings to attend, so I'm not giving up on them, but I'm being realistic about how our interests diverged. I was an entirely different person in college, I was the rah rah rah! party every night sorority president type (and unhappy), and now I'm not that girl at all, so I'm hoping my friends will still like the new and happier me.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lies an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"Moving on and Moving up" Challenge