Forums are back in action! ×

I've been occasionally stalking the nf boards with good intentions and no action for a while, so I figured it was time to get involved and get my ass kicked.

I was fairly fit when I was growing up, but it's all gone downhill since I started university and I want to get back in shape by the time I graduate this summer. At the moment I'm around 20/30lbs overweight and my cardio fitness is terrible. A lot of you seem to be into lifting which isn't something I've ever tried (but I'm intrigued), I've done running, swimming and yoga before and enjoyed them, so I think that's where I'm going to start.

Oh, diet... That's important, right? Umm... *looks sheepish* need to avoid, pizza, fries, chips, chocolate, ready meals, basically everything I eat right now.

When does the next 6 week challenge start? Can't wait to get started with it! :D

Welcome to the forums Nancy! No time like the present to start.

Rumor has it the next challenge is going to start Jan. 1 (gasp!). We should really do a short term challenge in between since we have 3 weeks. Although you don't have to wait for the challenge to start to make your goals and stick to them.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Rumor has it the next challenge is going to start Jan. 1 (gasp!). We should really do a short term challenge in between since we have 3 weeks.

Aww... no challenge to keep us on track over Christmas. But I like the symbolic date.

I think I'll do a little 3 week mini-challenge over and post my progress somewhere on the boards, I'm so much better when I have to be a little bit accountable to someone else rather than just myself.