Forums are back in action! ×

Due to a lot of stress in my life, I ended up pretty much letting all my goals go by the wayside. The main factors in this drop are as follows:

-familial issues, I was able to deal with those, because my family is close and despite the issues we were able to work them out

-a dead laptop, this meant I was unable to access the nerdfitness site and also added to stress as I was attempting to apply for scholarships and grants for school; I was also unable to access any other computers due to where I live and due to work hours

-work, I work as a cleaner and both of the members of my team ended up leaving and the two new people I trained didn't work out as well as I had hoped and ended up losing the only other cleaner who worked weekdays

-skipping DBT, this was also due to work, I ended up having to take shifts during when the group took place 

-falling back into some of my BPD habits, mainly not stick to my sleep and eating schedules and avoiding all social contact, this was due to not getting to group and therefor missing the group giving me that kick in the ass I needed to focus on my skills

Getting back on my feet seemed a little tough at first, but now that I have a new cleaner who is taking the pressure off of me and I've started working on my DBT skills again, I think it's possible to fix this. At this point, I'm just going to take baby steps:

-try to get to the pool at least once a week

-eat a proper breakfast, I might not eat properly throughout the day, but at least I'm going to start eating the most important meal of the day again

-be social at least once a week

Yep, didn't realize exactly how badly I was eating till one of the clinicians I see, made me do a food log and saw that I was just drinking a cup of tea at 9.00 or so in the morning and then not eating till 12.00 or 1.00 in the afternoon. I hate eating in the morning, but I'm going to force myself to at least eat something with protein and see if that works for me.