Forums are back in action! ×

I sat on my pony all by myself!

This might not seem like much of a woot but it's huge for me.

A little backstory:

About 2 months ago, I rode my newly-backed pony for the first time. He'd been sat on a couple of times by my friend, and I'd done all the groundwork with him, so I was really excited. He was (and still is) quite head shy, because he had some sort of infection in his ears, so trying to get near them was a nightmare (he's getting much better now!). But he was super about being ridden so on I got and off we went. Everything was going brilliantly until I went to get off him. I must have leant forwards a little too much, and he must have brought his head up towards me, and he panicked and took off across the field, doing his best rodeo impression (broncing like a maniac, basically). I came off, broke my nose, cut up my arm, and knocked my confidence.

Until now:

I've been riding him a lot, and the first few times I dismounted after that incident, I was pretty nervous. But he was super every time, so I've been feeling much better about it. But I always had my friend there to hold the stirrup and tell me I was being stupid and that I had to get off because I couldn't just ride him forever. 

Today:

I went up, by myself, and thought 'why not just do it?'. So I did. I tacked him up, took him in the school, and mounted and dismounted him. I was really nervous, it took me a couple of attempts to actually swing my leg over to get on, because I knew I'd have to get off again, but he was brilliant. I had a small emotional breakdown because I was so relieved that I was still alive, so I didn't get back on and ride him, but I'm so happy. He didn't even blink, he was just confused that a sobbing human was hugging him so much, I think! 

No excuses now, time to really get to work!!

Have a large and rather blurry picture of us riding in the bluebells a couple of weeks ago!

11351387_805473786188476_853950072803372

• Like 6

level 1 half-elf (half-hobbit) adventurer.

(wannabe ranger).

full time awesome.

str 3 . dex 2 . sta 0 . con 2 . wis 0 . cha 1
challenges: 1 

Congratulations, and great job getting back up there! I grew up riding and have been tossed/scraped/hurled off many horses: it can be incredibly difficult to mount back up after. It takes real courage to ride again when your confidence has been shaken. Way to go, you! :D

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!