Forums are back in action! ×

Well guess its time to introduce myself. I am Dustoff, a 5'10" 34 year old male. I am married, a father of 4(2 boys and 2 girls), and a software engineer. As of this morning I weighed in at 251 pounds (I don't know my body fat percentage and to be blunt I am afraid to find out).

I have been struggling with getting back into shape for a little over a year. I lost 40  pounds on the last program I tried but I fell off of that after hurting my ankle followed by a bout with mono, and never got back to it. Over the past few months I put back on a good portion of the weight I had lost and need to make a change to get going back in the right direction. I stumbled upon NF and after reading a blog post, I decided it was time to pick myself up, dust myself off, and get back to making a better version of me. I am trying as Paleo of a diet as I can and am setting up the lifting gear in my attic (I have an elliptical there as well that I will be using).   

My new goal is to lose 55 pounds by October 1st. My wife and I are going on a cruise in October to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and it may sound a bit vain but I want to be able to take my shirt off while around the pool without being 100% embarrassed. That weight loss is the first step in becoming the new me. The weight is an initial goal on my way to being fit. In the long run, my overall goal is to get back to the fitness level I had on my wedding day. It's a pretty big goal to set considering my current state and that when I got married I was in the Army, 19 years old, and had spent years playing football, wrestling, and lifting. I worked out at least twice a day back then and ran 6 miles every other day at noon. I was in shape a long long time ago and I know with the right amount of work and some accountability to myself I can get back there. 

I will be participating in the next 6 week challenge. I hope to find some support and lots of information here to help me in my quest back to a better me. 

Thanks,

Dustoff

• Like 2

Dustoff 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Human Rebel

-----------------------------------------------------------

Main Quest: Below 20% Body Fat  | Starting: 34% | Goal: 20% | Current: 32.5% |

14.3%
14.3%

Main Quest 2: Lose 50 lbs  | Starting Weight: 250 lbs. | Goal Weight: 200 lbs. | Current Weight: 246.5 lbs |

7%
7%

Totally doable, just gotta take one small step.....and then another after that one....and then you keep going until you reach and maintain your goals :P 

The weight will be mostly centered around diet. Paleo is a fantastic way to go, you'll find lots of recipes floating around the forums and a number of people here on it is pretty steep, so any questions you have will be quickly answered. 

Once you clean up your diet you'll find you'll have more energy too and have the ability to hit your workouts harder. 

You should check out the 6 week Challenges to start, a new one starts next week! After you set that up you may want to set up a battlelog, a place to track your workouts/diet/thoughts/moods/whatever you want as frequently or infrequently as you find helpful. 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both