Forums are back in action! ×

Tialoredron Awakens From His Meditation

Greetings fellow Rebels, I skipped out last challenge and stayed away from the boards as I prepped for moving to a new job. The date is fixed now, and I will officially be moving June 17. I have been keeping my workouts going and diet as appropriate for me and did not have any real loses to speak of other than a few games I was involved with in the boards and threads I was following; I don't think it wise to get re-involved in the games again as I feel I will spend too much time putting in effort to them when I should spend time to making sure I have good feet moving forward at my next job, but I will watch from the sidelines at the very least.

In better news, I decided the time to splurge had come and I purchased the three styles of NF shirts I had my eyes on since I started last year and received them in the mail yesterday. I am very pleased at the shirts and am excited to wear them to my future workouts and I hope to have proper pictures up soon (on here and FB).

During my time away, I asked myself what exactly is the Rebellion to me? I had gone almost over 6 weeks without the boards, still working out on my own and eating as well as I can. Previously I had felt I gave my lifeforce/willpower into the Rebellion so much that I thought it to be interfering with my real life as I wanted to put in the effort of a full scale D&D campaign into my character and the message boards. Realizing that I was too involved, I stepped into the shadows to refocus on my fitness and diet and ensure my goals still aligned with a progress. The Rebellion has been an important part in regards to my outlook on diet and fitness, and nothing will change that the Rebellion is one of my original influences to how I am improving my life.

With all that, the Rebellion cannot and will not run my life though. I am on my own path by myself and others can join me in parts, but it is I who will have to walk the path and dictate the meaning of the trail of life. I found that the Crossfit gym I attend had the in-person accountability that I missed out on when my roommate and I graduated from college; I filled that hole with the online Rebellion community and I could not ask for a better one, but there is nothing like having the spotter/trainer/mentor/coach right there next to me.

I will advocate the 6-week challenge for those that want to start or modify habits, but I have found that after the habit is formed, the challenge loses its meaning and I lost faith in the challenge. I see that the challenges can and still work for people, but I had felt like I was stuck in a rut in coming up with challenges that I could build SMART goals with; I hated the idea of fixing a number to pushing a weight when that was not what I was looking for, I wanted to make changes and ensure that I put in the time and effort of getting an exercise routine built and formed and the strength gaining would follow.

I have started this whole adventure as 5'11 155 lbs scrawny skinny that lost all the improvements made back in college, and after joining the gym I have gained 20 lbs and I have put on muscle definition in my arms and legs as I stopped worry about how much I want to lift weight-wise and instead worry about improving myself for the workout later that day, or the next workout. I have stopped comparing myself to what I want to be and now I am working out to improve what I can, listening to what my body is telling me during the workouts and increasing the difficulty when I can.

I suspect I will still get onto the Rangers threads during the challenges and participate in the mini's as I feel I want to, but I am not sure if I will be participating in the challenges at this time.

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray

I talked to Cn3wton as I was stepping out, but I was hoping to get back into it in a relatively short time (which didn't really happen).

Good to see your back man, your always welcome back to the thread of course!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)