Forums are back in action! ×

Coming back after a looooooong hiatus.....totally embarassed

So...yeah..... I started out here in december and I was sooo pumped up to get going! Well...I started, I did it for a while and then I just kinda....didn't anymore. I have no idea what happened but I just stopped working as hard as I wanted to. And it just kept going. And going. Aaaand going. And now, when I'm finally back and on track I manage to get a small tear in my hamstring so I can't work out for a week or two or until how long it takes for it to heal properly.

I'm som embarassed that I let it go this far! I'm soooo ashamed that I didn't start again earlier and that I let it slide this long. I will never get to where I want to be if I don't do anything about it, or most importantly if I don't do anything differently then I used to do - eat cake and just sit on the couch.

And I'm so frustrated! The sun is shining here in Sweden, FINALLY, and I can't be outside running and playing with the other children! (Joking, I'm 30 so there will be no playing with random kids....that would be totally wierd... But I do hope you get the idea of it.) So now I'm wondering if anyone got any tips on what to do and focus on during this time that I heal. I was just about to start preparing for a 5 km race wiht my dad at the end of august and I still want to do that. I was so happy that I finished the 5 km run in may under 50 min (for me that is huge!) and my goal for the race in august is under 45 min.

So yeah...alot of ranting but I still hope you have something to share with me since I'm going bonkers over here not being able to work out (read: running and crossfit) for a while.

Thank you! :D

Did someone say Crossfit???

Don't feel bad about falling down, especially since you're back on your feet again now. It can happen to anyone and it seems to happen a lot more during the Christmas holidays for some reason.

What would you like to focus on? Nutrition? Training? Some life goal?

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Haha yeees, I said crossfit! I love it! :D Even if I'm a steaming heap of lard at the moment I still love it! It makes me feel strong and that feeling alone is worth so darn much to me.

You are totally right. Falling down is a part of life, it is if you get up or not that defines you. Or so I have at least heard.

At the moment I am focusing on nutrition. Since I can't move around as I would like to I have to put 100% focus on that. At the moment that means I am focusing on getting over my sugaraddiction and just eating healthier. No crazy paleo-diet and such at the moment. I need to get my body and my head on the same track before I start doing things like that. I have however done a little pilates at home as of late and some push-ups and such. Things that don't really affect my hamstring. It feels good. :)

• Like 1