Forums are back in action! ×

Future Ranger in Training

I have goals, long and short term. I've lifted on and off for a year, haven't seen the progress I want but I do know I love lifting heavy things and H.I.I.T. I love exercise, it keeps me healthy mentally and emotionally. There's no other feeling than accomplishing more than you could or pushing harder because the person next to you is still going. I need it and I crave the clarity. 

Here's where I'm at now:

36 - female Mighty Girl Scout Leader of Middle School girls, nothing scares me. 

I'm 5'7" 170 lbs and according to the machine my body fat is 31.1%. I'm suspicious of this number b/c 2 months ago I was at 27%. I understand fluctuations/hormones/dehydration and the method's inaccuracy leads to inconsistent numbers but, damn it. 

Where I want to be: 

20% body fat 

5 pull-ups

Bench press at least half my body weight

I want a flat stomach again!!! 

This is my training schedule

Monday, Wednesday, Friday is boot camp H.I.I.T. - mostly body weight exercises and muscle hypertrophy exercises

Tues Legs and shoulders - I'm incorporating what I've read here about restructuring my lifting time. Compound movements with free weights and lots of core. 

Thursday REST

Saturday - Push-Pull exercises (chest/back/arms)

Sunday - REST

My diet, I've tried Paleo but honestly I felt awful while I did it. I was always hungry, tired and cranky. I'm wondering if I'm missing something here though, because I think I should be making more  progress. 

Oatmeal with grassfed butter, peanut butter, berries and unsweetened coconut milk

Coffee and coconut milk 

post workout - milk, whey protein, berries, greek yougurt and maybe some peanut butter

hard boiled eggs with humus and whole wheat tortilla with salad mix, or

chicken thighs with some kind of veg and a veggie juice with Kale, carrots, water, celery and maybe carrots. I usually have a piece of bread with grassfed butter. 

Dinner: pork tenderloin, chicken thighs, turkey or grassfed beef with veggies. The last month or so I've included brown rice, quinoa noodles or potatoes but I'm cutting that for the 6 week boot camp. 

My weakness is pizza and beer or chocolate and red wine. I'm committed to say away from these during the 6 week challenge but....I'd like to indulge in dark chocolate and vodka tonic once a week. I think that's OK. 

Does anyone have input? Am I missing something? I'm excited to find this site! It's challenging to find other women who like to lift weights and an online community with nice, friendly people. Thanks for having me! Looking forward to getting to know folks. :)

My weakness is pizza and beer or chocolate and red wine. I'm committed to say away from these during the 6 week challenge but....I'd like to indulge in dark chocolate and vodka tonic once a week. I think that's OK. 

Yeah, same weakness here, except the wine part. But welcome! I think you should look at the challenges forum :D

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome