Forums are back in action! ×

What's the deal with CrossFit?

Yeah, that's a very fair article.

As he mentioned in his FB posting to some questions, his biggest problem with programming is with the mainsite, and he fully acknowledges that individual boxes are doing their own thing and many are doing it very, very well.

I've said for a while now that I don't expect CF, as a brand, to be what it is a few years from now. It's going to be easier and easier to market yourself as "the good parts of CF" without getting the brandname, because it is breaking into the mainstream a bit. Its recent corporate links are both the best thing for it, and, in my opinion, going to signal it's decline....

...again, as a brand. Not as an ideology. I'm going to predict that its impact is going to be felt for a long time.

I think the point he made is very fair, that while he could do without HQ's programming, Cf has served as a gateway to power and oly lifting for a lot of people. For a time there, it was getting hard to find gym with actual racks. If for no other reason, we can thank CF for making barbell training hip again.

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

I also have to applaud Crossfit for making BW popular (even if it's ultra endurance METCONs). Crossfit Gymnastics may be a site I browse every once in a while.... Other than that, people are moving. It may not make sense for some people with specific goals, but it doesn't affect me and they're happy.

I don't get the hardcore "kool-aid drinkers" and the hardcore haters, but again, that's just internet BS, so whatever.