Forums are back in action! ×

You know I posted here without introducing myself and what my goals are so….

I’m 36 and I am a recovering fat ass. What I mean by that is I was huge. I’m about 5’10 and I weighed 270. I went to a Quick Weight Loss center and I lost 60 pounds on that and I am now at 210. I’ve grown both tired of this diet and to be honest all the supplements they give you are very expensive. Like almost $500 a month. A couple of reasons I decided to lose weight was 1. I did some game reviews/comedy skits on-line and I looked at one I did for Screwattack and I was huge and not happy with what I looked liked. 2 I was laying in bed one night and my heart started acting really strange. needless to say that was scary.

I was in a car crash in 2008 that messed my back up bad. Like I couldn’t move around without being in massive amounts of pain bad. I lost my job a month after the crash and had over a year of therapy to get back to normal. Fortunately I was able to find new work within a month or so after losing that job and to be honest I am much better off. I can get around fine and have been pain free for about 3 years now.

I was active when I was younger, running around taking a bike everywhere etc.. then got a job, got busy, got married and never went out to exercise for quite a few years. In 2005 I started doing Shaolin Kung Fu and really enjoyed it up until the crash.

For exercise I’ve started doing Crossfit after being asked for over a year by my wife to go with her. And also because I’m completely insane.

My goals are as follows

To get leaner. Not necessarily lose more weight. Meaning I want to have muscle definition and not just build muscle under fat.

Not get completely winded and get kind of a yellow haze after about 5 minutes of a WOD

Compete at some point in a competition I’m not saying I’ll ever go and win the Crossfit games but to be able to at least be in a competition and finish the WODs I’d be happy. Ideally I’d like to go do Ninja Warrior/Sasuke if anything to say I’ve done it.

60859.png