Forums are back in action! ×

Brand new, scared and delighted.

Hi! My name is Dani. I am fat. I'm 25, 5'10", and currently check in at 278 -- and that's an improvement from the 297 it was on 11/1/11. At the moment I'm on a medical diet-- no carbs, limited fruit, lots of lean protein and non-starchy vegetables. This should sound familiar-- it's a prelude to paleo, practically, right?

So I'm thinking, anyway, because it seems to me (and the scale!) that I do better with a higher protein to everything else vegetable. And then I started adding a bit of coconut oil to my cooking, and I REALLY felt better. I haven't felt this good in -- I don't know how long.

Anyway, I go off this medical diet on the 17th-- and I want to switch to paleo, all the time. A friend of mine linked me to the Nerd Fitness hotel workout, and I started to click around and find out more. The beginner's workout, attitude toward paleo, and attitude toward interval training is exactly what I was looking for.

I guess what I'm looking for is support? I don't know, I'm kind of scared and elated (scared because there is SO MUCH to do, and elated because I have finally made up my mind to DO IT)-- I'd love to know how people transitioned, what they do for easy, sure meals, and thinks like what people do for meals/snacks in a pinch.

My job is odd -- I tend to work overnight and evenings, so I don't see as much sunlight as I'd like to, plus I'm almost always stuck at a desk standing. I have already, however, collected two milk jugs and made room for exercises, as well as "reclaimed" my stationary bike from under my laundry.

Um. Advice? Kudos? Prayers? I'll take it all!

Good luck in getting your health back. Keep at it and things can get better. I was 5'9" 255lbs to start the year but was able to come down to 158lbs as of this week. I was diagnosed with diabetes and was told that I needed to lose weight. I put together a plan and so far it's worked. Many here know a lot about the paleo diet and are eager to help anyone who needs it. Don't give up on yourself and keep fighting until you get to where you want to be. Welcome to the forums.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Standing is actually very good for you, as opposed to sitting at a desk all day.

I also work nights/weekends, so I understand the whole 'lack of sunlight' deal.

Also, welcome. :)

[Pixie | Warrior] Carjack: Muscles don't get confused. They only get angry. | Catspaw: I'm always willing to help dig holes for your bodies. | Twitter | Instagram | chammy has a log | chammy competes at the end

You are doing a great job so far. I don't think you should have much problem sticking to paleo. Do the diet you were doing, but you get to add fatty meat and other fats.

Look under the recipes sections on the forum for some great ideas

Also Nomnompaleo.com is great resource for recipes

primal-palate.com

Congrats on what you've already accomplished.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27