Forums are back in action! ×

When a nerd goes overseas and gets lazy.......

You get me! A horror and sci-fi loving Canadian engineer with an obsession with graphic t-shirts, chocolate and baked goods.

A short history:

I've struggled with weight/fitness issues most of my life. And when I finally found a system that was working for me (a nutritionist and a roller derby career), my work took me on the road and out of my comfort zone, which basically put me back to square one. After being a slave to "the man" until I was ready to blow a gasket, I decided to take off from home to explore the world. Fitness wise, it started off OK; the amount of walking I did everyday offset the travelers diet. Since I've come to Australia to work and recoup some funds, I've become less active and back into the junk food.

I know what most of my issues are. Unfortunately, being a traveler and often being in the middle of nowhere has presented new problems. I don't always have access to a gym or any equipment for working out and, even worse, my support system is often non-existent. I'm hoping this site and forums will help with my counter attack.

Short term goal: Slim the bulges in a bikini (it's always bathing suit weather in Oz!)

Long term goal: Gain the muscle and cardio to return to roller derby and not get pulverized

Nerdy goal: Be fit enough to survive the zombie apocalypse

Current stats: 5'7", 175lbs, US size 14, with a soft squishy exterior

Level 4 Amazon Warrior
STR: 16 | DEX: 5.75 | STA: 9.5 | CON: 9.25 | WIS: 7.5 | CHA: 7.5

FITOCRACY

The best activities for your health are pumping and humping. - Arnold

Quoth the raven "One rep more" - Edgar Allan Bro

Welcome!! I think you are going to fit right in around here! Steve has lots of great articles about working out on the go over on the blog site. Body weight workouts and things you can do with limited resources.

Your goals sound awesome, I'm there on the Zombie thing! My girls and I have a zombie action plan just like we have our fire plan.

I am my own evil twin!

~~ Paleo Challenge! ~~ Blog ~~

Hi Cruella. I was also a road warrior in a past career that packed 100lbs over 10yrs. I still fly about 80 segments per year and I find that most hotels either have a gym or access to one nearby. Usually, even the most spartan of these will have a treadmill. I do an hour, but 30 min is more than adequate.

Anyhow, good luck with your fitness plans and welcome to the discussion.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance