Forums are back in action! ×

Finally found the right strategy guide!

Ok so I'm new to the whole posting on forums thing, even though I've browsed them my whole life, so bear with me. It took me a while to realize I have to put effort in to meet awesome people and have fun friendships in life. Fortunately, like my subject says, I've got a good strategy guide so things are lookin up :)

I've been a large guy my whole life and have dealt with body image issues. Over the last 3 years, I've acquired the emotional eating disadvantage as well. (+3 SP) I'm working on the emotional issues that hijack my brain and program it to eat all of the sugary and fatty things, and I hope to be able to share that experience as I go along.

I have a passion for fitness and nutrition, they are the only things I regularly research outside of video games, and I want to make a profession helping others along their own journeys as well. I could let crippling self doubt or the fact that I'm not where I physically want to be stand in my way but I choose to put in the time to be the very best, like no one ever was...

As I move towards a more balanced lifestyle, I will be scrolling through Nerdfitness and looking for insight. My focus is on making each moment more precious and worth living than the last.

If you like Blizzard, funny stuff, deep conversations, open honesty or table topping (among many other things), I'm sure we will get along splendiferously!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! I too struggle with eating my emotions, boredom being the worst of all. I would eat to be entertained. Learning self control in that area will make you a much better practioner in the helping-professions. That's what we call the therapist-chaplain-social work-counseling cluster of job descriptions.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Vegito-

Thanks man, I'm really happy to be here! A few more stats from my character sheet: 6'5 350 lbs (ideal spot is around 275). I followed love to Germany for a year and came back to the states when it didn't pan out, I recently was accepted to Pharmacy school but did not accept after realizing I want to live for more than making money. I have my career sights narrowed in on Nutritionist/Dietician. I have many family members who suffer from being obese and having a large cocktail of drugs required each day just to survive. My mindset is more along the naturalist path and I would love to encourage and support others to healthily reduce the amount of superfluous medications they take. My biggest fear is for others to view me as a hypocrite because I've got quite the path ahead of me to my own goals. Rather than let the fear dictate how I will live, I am committed to bringing those dreams to reality and accepting who and what I am each step of the way.

Tanktimus-

Emotional eating is such a drag man, I agree. I'm currently reading a book called End Emotional Eating by Jennifer L. Taitz and writing a journal along side it for the exercises in the book and personal reflection. This book has been a powerful tool for boosting my self awareness and acceptance and anyone who is interested, I highly recommend the read. I hope that I can really harness my experience and knowledge of the process to give insight and cheer others on in their own choice of path.

Again, it feels really good to hear from you both and thank you for being the men you are. I knew I chose right to post here :)

That's some good self work.  You'll find that many in the helping professions are working through their own issues, I'm no exception.  The "superfluous medication" industry is part of the empire against which we rebel.  You are making the right decision by pursuing what will bring you life rather than what will make you money.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath