Forums are back in action! ×

OK. I'm actually going to introduce myself

I usually never do an introductory thread. I usually just start posting when I join a forum.

I'm a 42, going on 43 year old male who is fighting the middle age pudge. I've lifted off and on for my entire adult life, just never really got really fit. As the years have gone by, with a crappy diet, I gained more weight.

Recently, I decided to change jobs, location, and my whole outlook on life. I threw away my scale when I moved, because I just wanted this to be a complete lifestyle change. I started to do nothing but compound lifts, instead of isolation. I pretty much cut carbs out of my diet and added healthy fats. I got some kind of bug a few weeks ago and had to go to the doctor. I started not to look when they weighed me, but I looked anyway. I had gone from 245 (I'm 5'8") to 225.

The thing that made me join this site is that it's not a sport or program specific site. Everywhere else you get answers to questions about changing a program (like adding cardio to a compound lifting routine) from guys who only think you should do it their way. I'm not in this anymore to get huge. I'm in this to get more fit and healthy.

• Like 1