Forums are back in action! ×

Cut back gaming "to get cut"....urgh

Awful gym lingo aside, I actually did cut back on gaming to get to the gym, it was hard T_____T

I'm new here and I've already used (read lurked) the site for info that was so clear and precise that I was weeping salty tears of joy after wading through the muck that was the internet. So I decided to sign up, join the forum and introduce myself.

Vital Stats

Current Weight: 65kgs (sorry I use the metric system)

Achilles Heel: My feet. After years of wearing ridiculously high-heels my bone structure rebelled against me T___T and sport induced asthma (good times!)

Strengths: Very strong core.

Weaknesses: Arms (WEAK) and broken i.e injured rotator cuff.

Current Level of Fitness: Fit and sort of strong. Piss-poor cardio; 1.5ks running is about my limit before I start tasting blood, but ask me to swim 5ks and we have no problem! How that works I have nfi.

My relationship with sport has been pretty solid with only one major breakup during my uni years, me and sport or physical activity have been happy if not complacent companions over the years. My relationship with the gym however, has been one of loathing and cynicism. The first gym I joined was filled with what I can only refer to as knuckle-dragging oxygen thieves and girls who wore a full face of makeup with killer nails doing very little except looking for potential "hook-ups." I was mortified..and scared.

Fast-forward to today and I have found a gym where people mind their own business and actually go there to *shock upon shock* work out. There is no posturing or mating rituals occurring and I finally feel comfortable and as such I have fallen in love with lifting heavy things.

*insert rant*

Mind you, today some girl next to me rather rudely commented on my physique in a roundabout but obvious way by saying "I don't think girls should have muscles. Why is she lifting that weight? (I was doing my deadlifts) Don't you think it's much prettier for girls to be slim and petite? I don't know why girls would want to look that way." She was saying this to her potential love-mate. I walked away because apparently violence is not the answer no matter how much I wanted to crush her "petite" ribs with my 'muscular' thighs =_=

*end rant*

Anyways I got off track.

My current fitness goals are to do ONE pull up, just one completely unassisted. I also hope to re-increase my bench press weight to 45kgs (don't laugh I have weak arms T_T) because after I got sick with the flu and didn't go to the gym for 4 days I had to drop the weight to 30kgs. I was seriously almost in tears; all that hard work gone in a pitiful 4 days. Find reasonable limit in deadlifts (atm I am lifting 50kgs) I am also attempting to do the splits 2 ways <- hardest one!

My current health goals are to DRINK MORE WATER and cut down on coffee. I aim to drink at least 3 glasses of water (workout not included) and cut down coffee to 2 cups a day (currently I can smash something like 5).

So why am I here?

To be part of a like-minded community.

There is also a lot of stuff I don't understand about fitness and this seems like a great place to get informed.

The Challenges! Writing something down makes you more likely to do it, and why not in a forum where people will support you?

Non-Vital Stats

Fav games: Silent Hill 2, Journey, Oblivion, Broken Sword Series, Ace Attorney Series

Fav board-games: Pictonary, Anomia, Arkham Horror, Pandemic, Cluedo

Fav books & comics: The Outsider, Hamlet, The King Killer Chronicles, The Sandman, The Darkness

Fav movies: Anything old by Jet Li, Shaolin Soccer, How to Train Your Dragon

Food weakness: Salt. I love salt T____T

Fav Veges: Cherry tomatoes, corn, kai-lan.

Currently playing: The Witcher 3 & Mass Effect 2 (very slowly)  

Thanks for listening to my ranting. I look forward to learning from everyone and being part of a fitness community that is hopefully friendly :D

- Squee

• Like 1

Hey there Squee!

How are you doing? Nice little rant you got there :P I enjoyed every bit of it. And I envy you for being able to play The Witcher 3. For me it is either work out or play games. So I have been working out. 

Anyhow, I totally related to the mind your own business attitude at the gym. It made me change to the one I am at now. I can do what I want, how I want. And everybody is friendly sorta. And people don't smell! Which is important.

So if you need motivation, just yell. And do check out the challenges forums :D 

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome