Forums are back in action! ×

1 year!

Dear Rebels,

It was about a year ago that I first strolled into Rebel HQ, seeking some form of structure to the workouts I'd begun a few weeks before. I'd finally found enough will to get off my ass and make some changes.

I felt unhealthy. I felt unfit. I wanted to break the eating cycles that weren't doing me any good. And I'd come out the year before as trans, and had found a simultaneous relief and desire to do something to help make the outsides match the insides.

I ran across a post on pushup form from Steve, and wound up on the forum where a challenge had recently begun.

So here I am, a year later. I've faltered a little and fumbled a little, but we don't need to remember those times. What matters is this:

I started at around 210-215lbs. I'm currently at 187lbs.

The size of my stomach has decreased from 44" to 41" - 3 inches of fat gone.

I can now do deadlifts, which I'd never even heard of.

I can now do a cardio workout without winding up flat on the floor gasping for air (which is what happened the first couple of weeks).

I started taking a TKD class, which I can get all the way thru without dying.

I can walk for miles, and still be functional the next day.

I can make healthy eating decisions quite happily.

I can make occasional unhealthy eating decisions with no guilt.

I look forward to my next workout, because I keep it interesting.

I feel a hundred times better about my body, as I await the go ahead to begin testosterone hormone treatment - and working out has also helped me cope with the issues that have arisen so far on this journey.

I feel like I'm getting closer to the me I deserve to be, and that's no small thing for someone who spent their first 30urs with nothing but confusion about who or what that was meant to be.

So that's my year. And I owe much to the people who have taken the time to encourage me in the challenges. I don't always get the time I would like to chat properly on here, but I appreciate all of you.

Ok I'm done. Time for a gif party!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

30-Rock.gif

[your turn ;)]

• Like 3

Viscura
[Cybernetic Warrior
]

Current Challenge

LEVEL: 18
STR: 23 | STA: 25 | CON: 22 | INT: 10 | WIL: 19 | DEX: 1

Stuff I do:
Write stories and talk about being trans
Various filmy/webseriesy things

Well met, and grats!

You've never heard of me before cause I'm that new, but when you celebrate your second year, I hope I just finished celebrating my first, with roughly similar gains to what you've achieved.

Keep living the life fantastic, Viscura!

• Like 1

Level 1 NPC Assassin

Strength: 2Dexterity: 0 Stamina: 3 Constitution: 1 Wisdom: 4Charisma: 0

Current Quest  |  Previous Quest Current Stats

Weight Loss Goal: 40 of 116 lbs; 296 to 180

{progress='1e90ff'}34.5{/progress}