Forums are back in action! ×

Juni's first step to better fitness!

Hello!

The Dragonlance series and Tasslehoff Burrfoot in particular inspired my RP character, Juniper Downtrotter.  I haven’t played D&D but I play something similar with my friends and that’s how Juniper was created.  I picked his name for this community because Juniper is an extension of myself, and I’d love to be in the shape he’s in.  So with that said...you can call me Juni and I’m super psyched to be here!!   I've been on a quest for a long time to get back into better health, and man, I've failed over and over again because I'm easily distracted and lazy. 

I've joined gyms, I've tried tracking my progress, I've tried DVDs, and apps, and programs.  None of it stuck and it always felt like a chore.  But this time it's different because this time, I'm actually excited!  I've never been much of a forum poster on any social media stuff, but I've read through the NF website and so many forum posts and all I kept thinking was, "I can't wait to get in on the action!"  So here I am!   

I dig the race/class thing.  I stand at a proud 5’3†so I’d say I’m wood elf material, maybe even a kender, or perhaps some strange love child developed between the two.  I fall into the scout category currently, but I’d love to branch off from there and explore the rangers or the assassins.  Hell, maybe even the warriors!  There’s something about being small and powerful that just sounds so damn cool.  I’ve played around with martial arts before, but classes are too expensive for me.  I love trying anything and everything!  Recently I’ve been trying to convince my coworkers to go to a wall climbing gym with me.

My goal is to train to get back the endurance and speed I used to have.  I also want to try weight training.  I don’t really know anything about it and have always stayed away from it due to a heart medical condition.  My doctors have told me I’m not allowed to strain myself or I could cause severe damage, so I’m hoping to find ways to build myself up overtime, slowly and safely.  I do want to become stronger!  I also have a goal where I want to train myself to eat slower.  

Now, fitness aside, here’s a bit more about me...

I grew up on video games.  I’m currently playing Okami on the PS2 and The Night of the Rabbit on Steam.  Top favorites are:  9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors, Final Fantasy VI, both The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Twilight PrincessDonkey Kong Country, and Spyro the Dragon.

I enjoy tabletop gaming quite a bit.  My first introduction to roleplaying was HeroQuest and then DragonStrike.  I used to play with my mom and my brothers when I was young.  They were the ones who also introduced me into the fantasy genre and had me read The Lord of the Rings and the Dragonlance series.  Even now, 20 some years later my brothers are still looking after me and made sure I read Game of Thrones, which we also play online together via Vassal.  We’re always looking for more players, so if you're interested, please let me know!  We mostly play on either Friday or Saturday nights, depending on our availability.

I love reading, both normal books and comics and manga.  I’ve cosplayed as Kite from .hack, a panda, a moogle, and as Gabumon from Digimon.  When I reach my fitness goals, I want to cosplay as my RP character as a reward!   I watch anime, I do artsy stuff with paint and pencils.  I met my boyfriend while playing World of Warcraft (he was my GM to boot) and to top off my nerdyness, I am in the beginning stages of teaching myself Japanese.  

Thank you NF for being a community I feel at ease in.  I hope to make friends during my stay!  It’s already a goal of mine to go to Camp.  Finances don’t allow this year…but maybe 2016!  And now to kick things off, I am tagging along on the Walk to Mordor!  I ordered myself a pedometer, and it should arrive this Thursday!

O_____O You had me at manga! 

Hi, welcome! How are you? Yeah, be careful and get a heads up from your doc. I have been injured when I was around some age and 10 years later it still bugs me, because I was too damn proud to see a doctor -.-

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome