Forums are back in action! ×

On a journey to find myself

The struggles of today build strength for tomorrow -Unknown

I start my post with this quote as lately it has been the compass of my life. I recently underwent many life altering changes, some of which I am still recovering from. 2015 has been a year of tests and struggles though I feel I have come out stronger to date and want to continue to grow.

On January 7th, 2015 I celebrated 5 years of sobriety. In this less hazy consciousness I have found that I became more centred and balanced, discovering who I really was and what my true desires in life were. Well at least until the last 6 months. I have found my anxiety returning, along with an injury at work, followed by a lay off, I have struggled many times with staying healthy and fit, I have to admit fast food and cake became a welcome companion. I have even found myself struggling to stay sober, something that has not been a thought for years. My self image and esteem decreased, as did my self worth as my weight seemed to sky rocket. 

8 weeks ago I decided after much self reflection that I was off balance and drowning myself in my own choices. I decided to put the power back in myself and trust in the universe. I began to look at my struggles as opportunities to change, doors open to a new path. I began putting myself first, making my self-care, and self worth a priority. It has been a slow journey, some days I look in the mirror and don't believe what I say to myself. But I mostly do, so points for positivity. 

During this 8 weeks, I have lost 15 lbs, (10 to go) got my energy and appetite for life back and want to continue to discover and explore this person who I have become. I was glad to find a place where I can continue this journey with peers who I can be open with and may also understand my struggles, or should I say my mini-quests.

My character here is inspired by my Diablo 3 character, honestly the only video game I am good at besides Tomb Raider, and Zelda. I did not grow up in a house with electronics, although I remember sitting on my dads lap and falling in love with Lara Croft on his old PC. I grew up with nature as my playground and watching Star Trek as family programming. 

My desire in the next several weeks it to continue this journey and know that when I stumble I will have access to other strong, brave, unique, and hardworking people to help me get up and keep going.

I want to end with another favourite quote of mine.

Life doesn't get easier; You just get stronger. -Unknown

The struggles of today build strength for tomorrow. -unknown

Welcome aboard. That's great that you are already  so far along in your goal of losing weight!  Keep up the good work and you'll keep getting successes building on each other. And I'm so proud of you for maintaining your sobriety in that difficult time.  You've got this and I'm honored you joined the rebellion.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome! Congratulations in loosing the weight so far. And I believe you can do much more.

D3! Lets play together :D I have a character too. But hardly play, because I got bored by it, somehow :/ Do you like gaming? I could recommend a lot of games, like D3!

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome