Forums are back in action! ×

insert witty comment here!

Anyway, not terribly creative enough to do a funky title, soooo....

I am edging ever so close to 40 as I write this. Never much into sports or athletics until I hit my twenties. Have kickboxed, done taekwondo, kung fu, and, my fave martial art, brazilian jiu jitsu (even earned some hardware running the competitive circuit in that one). After getting tired of being twisted into a pretzel I dropped the combative arts for something more relaxing and fun, which turned into a sprint triathlon in 2010. I had to teach myself how to run, bike and swim. I've also done a half marathon and a slew of 5Ks.

Currently run a couple of miles a day and try to get to the pool at least once a week (I became a total fish after that triathlon and hate having to fight the swim team for lanes at the gym where I work out, soooo frustrating!). I am a recovering vegetarian who decided that meat was too good to pass up this past Thanksgiving. There went seven years of not eating meat, and I couldn't be happier, to be quite frank. I didn't realize how much I missed a good turkey sandwich until this year :)

Looking for some tips to stay in shape and maybe get that six-pack I've always craved. Or at least keep what I got flat and tight...am a realist who needs some serious diet tips, so please advise; heart disease runs in the fam, so I don't want to store any excess fat in my gut, which is where it all goes, sadly. Interested in Paleo, I know I eat too many carbs (curse my Italian heritage, I am predisposed to pasta!). My diet is clean, but I want it cleaner.

Oh, and I guess I'm supposed to post nerd credentials? Played DnD for about 25 years, read comic books almost as long, and sit at a desk or argue with judges during the day as I masquerade as an attorney. It keeps me in enough money to enjoy myself. Plan to travel come 2013, possibly Hawai'i. May even turn into a permanent move, we shall see....

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

My BLOG

MY NF Blog

We seem to have similar goals and experiences. Look fwd to reading how it goes for you. I used to swim too ages ago, but 3hr workouts in the pool didn't leave fond, lasting memories. Welcome.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

any diet tips are welcome. good thread references or book references? I'm 5'3", and as you can see in my avatar, not in horrible shape, just need to tighten things up. Currently tipping the scales at about 124 pounds or so.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

My BLOG

MY NF Blog