Forums are back in action! ×

Bird-Fish has entered the Lobby

Hey everyone, I'm Bird-Fish.

I'm a 24 years old guy, working in an office for the summer, but currently one year into my second degree, so it's back to school in September.

I stumbled across NF the other day and thought it looked like a great way to be held accountable to my goals and progress.

I was a little guy in high-school, but picked up ultimate frisbee in university, and have really enjoyed the life benefits that come with a healthy lifestyle. That being said, I want to be more intentional about my fitness and the goals that I have, especially since I find it hard to motivate myself to work out. Here are some of my current stats, followed by some short and long term goals.

Height:  5' 10

Weight: 165lbs

Deadlift: 285lbs

Bench: 175lbs

Squat: 225lbs - I have a bad knee and am always afraid of loading it too heavily

OH Press:

Short term Goals

Gain 15lbs before end of the summer (0/15)

Bump my benchpress back up to 175 (highest it's ever been)

Get my cardio back in gear. Anyone have a good way to measure this?

Long term Goals

Increase my skill and fitness level to compete more effectively on the ultimate field. 

Learn more about fitness.

Complete an ironman triathlon (mega dream-goal)

What are my first steps now that I've made my first post? Anyone able to teach me how to make progress ribbons on the bottom of my posts?

Edit: Put accurate values for DL and Bench, added OH Press line.

Don't know about the progress ribbons, I know it has something to do with your signature.  Great goals, specific and measurable.  For cardio, look up High intensity interval training, both on google and on Steve's blog.  They're great for someone who's not super in to working out but wants to get faster. 

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath