Forums are back in action! ×

Long-time fan, first time post-er

Hi everyone! I've been hanging around the site for a little while, since about July, though not really taking part in the Boards. I've been doing really well with workouts, but I think I've gotten to the point where I need some support and advice. This place seems pretty cool, so I'll give it a chance :D

Awesome things I've done:

I actually have ARM MUSCLES now!!

workout pretty regularly - 2-3x/wk

I think I've lost around 10 lbs, or something

more knowledgeable about effective exercising

more knowledgeable about proper nutrition

Long-term Goals:

One actual push-up. I'll even lessen it to a lady's push-up. I'm almost at the point where I'm about 45 degrees!

Lose weight to get to my healthy BMI. I'm 5'8 and about 195lb. Though I think I wear it pretty well ;)

Be more paleo. I really like it.

Have a job I love and live someplace warm and funky!

Why I want to do this

To be a strong and healthy massage therapist for myself and my clients

Look good belly-dancing....when I get around to taking lessons regularly.

For my health. I think I'm pretty healthy, but being a good weight would help a LOT.

I hate shopping, but it'd make it easier to shop.

And to properly fuel my body with yummy nutrients.

Biggest challenges or what holds me back

I can't outrun my fork. It's really annoying. But I'm trying to figure out why.

I really hate cooking. Once and awhile I get it done.

I have a minimum wage job right now, 3d/wk. So the funds are low. And it's easy to blame a lot on that.

So far, I've made workouts based on info from Steve's blog, and I just bought the Strength Guide. As it turns out, I LOVE strength training! Maybe someday I'll even get my own dumbbells.

I love the 6 wk challenges and I'm working on my own right now, since there isn't an -official one right now.

See ya at the next 6 week challenge!

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Hi there, i'm a newbie too :) First i'd like to say congrats to your accomplishments and welcome aboard :). I have a couple questions. Have you been tracking how much you eat (it can be really eye opening and cause some habits to cease) and how are you working towards your goal of becoming a message therapist? You have some great goals i just want to know the plan. I'm sure everyone here is willing to help you achieve your goals in anyway they can.

welcome aboard... top tip ... tell the world what you plan to do in the workout section ... and they will hold you accountable if you don't manage it!

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Hi verin. I already am a massage therapist! A brand new one since this September! I really love it. What I've found is that I do a better job when I've taken care of myself, like exercising or eating right or yoga the day or even morning before a session. If I rush into it, the session's fine, but I know I can do better.

I've also tracked what I've eaten. It was very eye opening! I just hate telling myself no ;) It's cold so I want some warm, cheesy, bready stuff!

I think I will go post in the Challenge!

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->