Forums are back in action! ×

Dance noob, poi spinner, and reluctant introvert, at your service!

Hi guys! I'm new here.

I'm Aubrie. 25/F/San Francisco. I'm a professional writer.

I kinda liked acrobatics and cheerleading, growing up, but when I was a youngun everyone would say "oh no Aubrie, you're too fragile and introverted for that, you'll probably hate it," so I stopped. Now I'm an "adult," and boy, have times changed. I've discovered the intense joys of poi spinning, parkour, and aerial silks. On the weekends I lift weights with my roommates.

I love learning new things, improving my flexibility, breaking personal records. I desperately want to learn how to dance, but my personality sometimes gets in the way. My main goal is to be great at everything I enjoy. The hard part is pushing through that initial awkward noob phase.

I hope some of you can relate. Glad to be here!

• Like 3

I always thought poi was some kind of fish sauce. I concur with Warnamon, please elaborate on poi spinning.

Also, glad to have you, this is a great place for encouragement to go try something new.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath